Yes, this thread needs to still be alive in mid 2018!! This is a problem for me! I recently had my MacBook Pro stolen, I bought an iPad to replace it and now am unable to search my calendar as I could on my laptop. Apple support could not understand what I was explaining so I will call back and refer them to this.
    I kept all notes on meetings etc., both professional and personal (doctors ie.) on my calendar, so this is a disaster!! Before my laptop was stolen, I thought I had an iPhone problem because even though I did have “all events” chosen for the calendar I still couldn’t search beyond a year on my iphone. But everything else synced just fine. And the information is there and available, going back to 2012, but I can’t query it like I could on the MacBook Pro. And I have no idea of what years years or dates to search to go look through to go find entries. I have always just typed in a name or any words that tied to an entry and all the entries that matched would come up. I really counted on it to BE my memory and a second brain. I purposely bought my first Mac after a bad accident. It was great! I had notes of things no one else could remember!! I guess I either return this IPad or get some answers from Apple Support - has anyone bothered to call them? It is a free service these days- not like before - call 1800 my apple.
    06-15-2018 05:29 PM
    Yes, this thread needs to still be alive in mid 2018!! This is a problem for me! I recently had my MacBook Pro stolen, I bought an iPad to replace it and now am unable to search my calendar as I could on my laptop. Apple support could not understand what I was explaining so I will call back and refer them to this.
    I kept all notes on meetings etc., both professional and personal (doctors ie.) on my calendar, so this is a disaster!! Before my laptop was stolen, I thought I had an iPhone problem because even though I did have “all events” chosen for the calendar I still couldn’t search beyond a year on my iphone. But everything else synced just fine. And the information is there and available, going back to 2012, but I can’t query it like I could on the MacBook Pro. And I have no idea of what years years or dates to search to go look through to go find entries. I have always just typed in a name or any words that tied to an entry and all the entries that matched would come up. I really counted on it to BE my memory and a second brain. I purposely bought my first Mac after a bad accident. It was great! I had notes of things no one else could remember!! I guess I either return this IPad or get some answers from Apple Support - has anyone bothered to call them? It is a free service these days- not like before - call 1800 my apple.
    I’m sorry ur hv’g probs & this is frustrating. Not Finding iOS calendar events over a yr ago on iPhone/iPad is a design issue for which u can submit an enhancement request. U didn’t lose ur important event notes- they’re still n iCloud. And to help u now u’ll need a diff calendar app. I also needed past yrs events of my “memory” to file a grievance against a dr. I use Fantastical (as someone else suggested) to get prior yrs; It has high ratings & good support. I still keep using iOS Calendar app & sync it w Fantastical =best of both worlds.
    Clockel13 likes this.
    06-16-2018 06:38 AM
    Thank you everyone who recommended Fantastical. I had the same issue with not being able to search back more than a year ( had to prove I had seen a dr within the past 10 years and had in 2010 ) I could see the event in the calendar ( found the actual date from the dr office ) but it would not come up in the search. Downloaded Fantastical and all appts with that dr showed up.

This is a feature iOS should have. What if you track Tetanus shots, or other events that don’t happen every year?

Anyway thanks for pointing me in the right direction for an app that will do this. And it was on sale today too!
    12-24-2018 09:51 AM
    You hsve to download CALVETICA CALENDAR
    After IOS 13, is the only app calendar that allows you to search back and forward unlimitedly
    To search everything click the gear icon and click “ everything” ou narrow to a shorter period of time
    This is the most precious tool in a calendar app to me
    It syncs with IOS Native calendar , WeekCal , and others
    10-26-2019 01:56 AM
    You hsve to download CALVETICA CALENDAR
    After IOS 13, is the only app calendar that allows you to search back and forward unlimitedly
    To search everything click the gear icon and click “ everything” ou narrow to a shorter period of time
    This is the most precious tool in a calendar app to me
    It syncs with IOS Native calendar , WeekCal , and others
    Welcome to iMore! It’s interesting that your very first post here is recommending a calendar app in a thread that hasn’t been active for a year. Putting that aside, your claim that it’s the only calendar app that allows you to view calendar entries “unlimitedly” is false. I use Fantastical 2, for example, and it will sync as far back as I need it to.
    Annie_M and Al Paca like this.
    10-26-2019 06:17 AM
30 12