I'm looking to get a laptop for my wife and I know that Mac is the way to go but I'm not sure what the best product is to get her. I have a Mac book Pro that I only use and she uses our I-pad 2 every day. We both have I-phones, but I want to get something separate from my laptop that she can use as her own to connect with her I-phone. The only things that she would need to use a laptop for are playing around on the internet, downloading tons of pictures from her camera and I-phone, and I-tunes. Help me pick the right product.
    Thanks
    04-22-2015 08:30 AM
  2. PortCity79 said: Best Answer

I'm looking to get a laptop for my wife and I know that Mac is the way to go but I'm not sure what the best product is to get her. I have a Mac book Pro that I only use and she uses our I-pad 2 every day. We both have I-phones, but I want to get something separate from my laptop that she can use as her own to connect with her I-phone. The only things that she would need to use a laptop for are playing around on the internet, downloading tons of pictures from her camera and I-phone, and I-tunes. Help me pick the right product.
    Thanks
    It depends on if you think she will get more use out of a laptop or tablet. If she is just surfing the Internet and uploading photos she will actually do just fine with an iPad Air 2 and then just buy a lightning to SD Card reader to upload the pics which can then be stored in iCloud to save space. You can always buy a keyboard cover for the Air 2 as well. Otherwise a MacBook Air or 13 inch Retina MacBook Pro will do.
    The new MacBook should be fine.
    04-22-2015 08:35 AM
    What would her use case be for the Mac, besides connecting to her iPhone. How she will use the computer will greatly determine what direction you look.
    04-22-2015 08:36 AM
    Thanks
    It depends on if you think she will get more use out of a laptop or tablet. If she is just surfing the Internet and uploading photos she will actually do just fine with an iPad Air 2 and then just buy a lightning to SD Card reader to upload the pics which can then be stored in iCloud to save space. You can always buy a keyboard cover for the Air 2 as well. Otherwise a MacBook Air or 13 inch Retina MacBook Pro will do.
    04-22-2015 09:49 AM