Why am I not receiving group texts from iPhone users?

I

iMore Question

My mother and the rest of my family has iPhone. i have a Galaxy S5. When she sends group texts, I do not receive them. Well, actually, SOMETIMES i receive them, but not always. What in the world is going on?? I have never had an iPhone so it isn't a case of the iPhone thinking I am still an apple user. I know it has to be some setting in the iPhone, but since i am not familiar with them, I don't know what to tell her to change. THANKS!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt the problem lies with the iPhone itself., but it's possible. Are you certain you're included in all of the group messages that are being sent?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I think you're saying you see the issue on your Android phone? I had similar issues when I was using an LG G3--messages in general never worked "all" the time. (My wife and son were both using an iPhone.) Then I switched back to an iPhone 6 Plus, and I have not had any issues with messaging. . . . I'm just saying.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Make sure all the iPhone users have it set in their settings>Messages to use SMS. Other than that, IDK! anytime I'm part of a group message that includes any non iPhone users, it reverts to SMS, rather than using iMessage. So maybe an iPhone user has SMS toggled off. ? I'm just thinking out loud! LOL But do check that.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone messages settings should look like this.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429276619.095691.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S5 as my second device & had the same issue when my colleagues would send group messages. I started using Verizon's Messages+ instead of the stock app & have had no issues since

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2