My ipad air 2 is only six months old. I can not get it to turn on or charge. Any suggestions?

I

iMore Question

My ipad air 2 is only six months old. I can not get it to turn on or charge. Any suggestions

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try holding both the home and power button until you see the Apple logo. No more than 10 seconds. If the device does not power on, plug it into a power source, wait about ten minutes and then try again. If after that time, it still doesn't power on, I recommend you make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose the problem for you.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Plug in using the charger and cable that came with it... If that doesn't work, take it to an AppleStroe GeniusBar or your place of purchase for evaluation of a warranty replacement.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Is there fuzz stuck in the charging port? Took an iPhone in to Apple because I thought the lightning port was bad. I didn't see the giant ball of fuzz in there....

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You might also try getting a new lightning cord (Apple certified of course!) they DO tend to go bad after extended use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods