How do I COMPLETELY remove iPhoto from 10.10.3 after moving to Photos?

nekton123

May 21, 2013
Visit site
How do I COMPLETELY remove iPhoto from 10.10.3 after moving to Photos

I'd like to get rid of all the iPhoto mouse droppings in Extensions, Preferences, Daemons, etc., to remove every trace of iPhoto from my Mac. Dragging an App to Trash usually leaves scores of legacy files behind on OS X?I want them all gone.

How?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do I COMPLETELY remove iPhoto from 10.10.3 after moving to Photos

use one of the several app uninstall utilities available in the Mac AppStore.

nekton123

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Used them in the past (usually AppZapper) and they almost all leave mouse droppings in the file system.
When an app is supposed to be gone I want it ALL gone‚ not odd pref plists, kexts and daemons sitting in the fs unused for the rest of eternity.
I removed FileMaker Pro a few days ago with AppZapper and it left probably more than 6 folders and files scattered around.
IMO, it's a mistake by Apple not to provide an uninstall tool at least for its own apps.
So does anyone have the complete list of where iPhoto keeps its files so I can check they really are all gone.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Used them in the past (usually AppZapper) and they almost all leave mouse droppings in the file system.
When an app is supposed to be gone I want it ALL gone‚ not odd pref plists, kexts and daemons sitting in the fs unused for the rest of eternity.
I removed FileMaker Pro a few days ago with AppZapper and it left probably more than 6 folders and files scattered around.
IMO, it's a mistake by Apple not to provide an uninstall tool at least for its own apps.
So does anyone have the complete list of where iPhoto keeps its files so I can check they really are all gone.

It may be a "mistake by Apple" not to include an uninstaller, but it's been that way forever with OS X. In the case of Apple software (iPhoto), I would expect Apple to remove it (or at least give us the option/method) at some point now that they have abandoned it. Some of the 3rd party software does include uninstallers (MS Office and Photoshop Elements come to mind immediately).

AppZapper has worked well for me, but I have not attempted to remove iPhoto (yet). Perhaps the sandboxing thing is causing issues with the removal of all parts - which is a matter that Apple needs to address.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2