Why am I unable to turn Location Services ON?

I

iMore Question

. Location services can't turn ON?

I have an iphone4s location services worked perfectly, until today. It won't turn "on"

I've been to privacy, location services and the button is grey therefore it can be slid across to turn on. Any ideas? I've disabled all restrictions as well

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: . Location services can't turn ON?

Have you tried a hard reset?
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
Try this and let us know if it works or not!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

silverjools

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Hi Ledsteplin

Thanks for your quick response. I've been trying to find out how to respond to your assistance. Finally, I joined up. My username is silverjools .... so yes, I've done a hard reset twice now and still nothing? Any other clues? Have searched the internet and can't find anything that works ... thanks again

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Hi Ledsteplin

Thanks for your quick response. I've been trying to find out how to respond to your assistance. Finally, I joined up. My username is silverjools .... so yes, I've done a hard reset twice now and still nothing? Any other clues? Have searched the internet and can't find anything that works ... thanks again

You might try Reset Network Settings.
Reset Network Settings
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.
If that does not work, you may need to restore your phone. Restoring is a pain to do, but it does cure problems.

Bartman27

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site

Have you been in one location all day by chance? For instance, we're you at work or home all day? I had trouble with getting my iMessage to work once. It wouldn't activate at all. It so happens that I was at the same location for roughly 48 hours (connected to Wi-Fi too). Shortly after I left it cleared up and activated. I had tried everything except for restoring my phone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Have you been in one location all day by chance? For instance, we're you at work or home all day? I had trouble with getting my iMessage to work once. It wouldn't activate at all. It so happens that I was at the same location for roughly 48 hours (connected to Wi-Fi too). Shortly after I left it cleared up and activated. I had tried everything except for restoring my phone.
He's long gone. This thread is 9 days old.

justohelp

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
For anyone having this problem still, its your restriction settings. your location isnt allowed to make changes so just go allow it.

NickS66

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I had same problem

I went into General/Restrictions/Privacy-Location Services and then allow changes, and then I could switch location services "on".

hope this helps

girly944

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I have had this problem on my new iphone 6s plus and ive tried all but reset the hole phone . I dont want to lose all my process in games ect as i had to spend money on some games to get gems ect. But i really want to unlock my dam snap chat filters

girly944

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Woah ok so I reset my hole phone and it was still doing the same thing BUT.. I fixed the problem by going into settings>general>restrictions>enable restrictions wallah I fixed it yay

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have had this problem on my new iphone 6s plus and ive tried all but reset the hole phone . I dont want to lose all my process in games ect as i had to spend money on some games to get gems ect. But i really want to unlock my dam snap chat filters

Woah ok so I reset my hole phone and it was still doing the same thing BUT.. I fixed the problem by going into settings>general>restrictions>enable restrictions wallah I fixed it yay

I'm glad you got the problem resolved, and thank you for the update. Take care and have a great weekend...

bananaknight

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm cant turn on my location services on my iphone 6s, I've tried resetting my setting and enabling restrictions, but it still doesnt work. I dont want to have to factory reset my entire phone. Any help is appreciated

Emily Warren

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I know this is late but I had the excat same problem with my phone and I fixed it. Go to settings...privacy and then just turn location on. It worked for me

redisa shkreta

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site

This is a actually easy you go to setting>privacy>location ms and services and then you are able to turn on locations or turn it off. That should do it, Worked for me!