Ditched my Nokia and Motorola for an Apple - Software Bug Help?

I

iMore Question

Hey all, I'm new to this part of Mobile Nations and am here in part due to some less than stellar issues I've been having with my device, even after a replacement from the Apple Store. Some of it is some simple questions I have a feeling I already know the answer to, and others I find myself completely lost upon. Working at a T-Mobile, I haven't had any individuals come in with iPhone issues (I suppose due to the Apple Store) but I myself seem to have all these issues that make me feel like iOS 8.2 is some sort of a beta with instabilities and nagging issues even my Android didn't have, let alone my Windows Phone. So without any ado,

1. Third-Party Keyboards. Even I have noticed in the last couple months it has been getting better, but I was wondering how I might get a more consistent experience in using it, given Apple has no sort of Swype or Type Flow functionality to their keyboard at the moment, or if there was a sort of top notch paid keyboard or otherwise I have neglected to notice.

2. Quick Reply. This has been one of the biggest nagging issues I've had since acquiring the phone a couple months ago. More often than not, no keyboard opens with the quick reply, or the phone freezes in doing so.

3. Apps Resetting/Crashing. Fairly self explanatory. I just can't find out why this is when due to my android experience, I'm used to leaving maybe 5 apps open at the very most!

I have had issues with my phone randomly restarting on me, but that was found to be a defective unit and have since not had that issue. Despite having gone through replacements, I use a number of cases on my iPhone and haven't had a major or damage inducing drop on any iPhone I have had, period. One on a carpet floor is all that comes to memory.

iPhone 6 64GB AT&T (Unlocked) running iOS8.2

Would appreciate any feedback from the stellar Apple Community!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear you're having problems, especially as for me, things have gone swimmingly ever since my first iPhone back in 2007.

1) I would personally recommend Swiftkey on iOS. It was my go-to keyboard of choice on my HTC One and the Apple version is almost as good. Swype also exists but I never liked it on Android so I haven't bothered to check it out on iOS.

2) I don't really know what to suggest for the quick reply. I use mine all the time and it works perfectly. When you say the phone freezes, does it recover, just stutter, or do you have to reboot it completely. Try a reset by holding down the power and home buttons until the phone turns off and the Apple logo shows. Once the Apple logo shows, release both buttons.

3) there are some apps that crash and I think most of them haven't not been updated for iOS 8.x properly. I get it too for some apps although I haven't had it for a while but Mercury Browser springs to mind as one of them. Unlike android, you don't need to force close apps. Many apps sleep and wake better if you just leave them to do their own thing happily. In fact, closing apps by swiping them up in the App Switcher can negatively impact battery life amongst other things.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
As the poster above mentioned, Swiftkey is a good choice. The swipe option is pretty accurate and easy to use I feel. The apps resetting or crashing is most likely due to the low memory in the phone. My phone has been randomly crashing when I double click while using multiple apps. I tried restoring, but that didn't have any effect. I don't think the phone is faulty, I just think they didn't add enough memory to the Plus.

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking that quick reply could be related to a third party keyboard. As for the apps crashing, have you uninstalled and reinstalled? Maybe a factory reset and make sure you set it up as a new device? Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro