Since Apple care does not cover water damage, can I switch carriers? I still have to pay anyway for the damage phone regardless. Verizon seems to over better service and better insurance.
    04-04-2015 10:57 PM
  2. Garz said: Best Answer

For a fee, Apple will replace your phone for physical damage. Not sure how much it is but it better than signing a new contract. Just a FYI.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk
    Since Apple care does not cover water damage, can I switch carriers? I still have to pay anyway for the damage phone regardless. Verizon seems to over better service and better insurance.
    The basic AppleCare coverage (free coverage) does NOT cover water or physical damage. AppleCare+, the add on insurance will cover both water and physical damage.
    04-04-2015 11:00 PM
    You can "switch carriers" whenever you want. However, if you are under contract with your current carrier, you likely will owe an ETF if you cancel your contract. The reason doesn't matter.
    04-05-2015 08:08 PM
    For a fee, Apple will replace your phone for physical damage. Not sure how much it is but it better than signing a new contract. Just a FYI.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-05-2015 08:11 PM

Amen to that!....
    04-05-2015 08:49 PM