How can I delete photos on my iPad?

I

iMore Question

How can I delete photos on ipad

I downloaded these from my pc some time ago but can't find my old itunes account!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can I delete photos on ipad

Hi and welcome to iMore.

To delete a photo on your iPad, go into the album in your photo app, click the word 'Select' in the top right corner, tap the photos you want to delete then tap the trash icon on the top left. You will get a confirmation pop up asking you if you are sure, click that and your selected photos will be moved to the 'Recently Deleted' folder.

The bigger issue here I think is your iTunes account. Do you know your Apple ID? Is Find my IPad switched on? I would do everything you can to re-establish your iTunes account as soon as you can before not having it becomes a problem.

For instance, some people who have posted on here have permanently locked themselves out of their devices by not having their Apple ID after a restore, or a lockout from entering password incorrectly too many times.

If you know you Apple ID username (usually an email address), you can ask for a password reset and I'd think about doing that right now, if I were you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I may be wrong, but if these photos came from your PC, they will have to be deleted on the PC. There's no option to delete on the phone for those. It's one of those things Apple needs to fix.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Led you are correct. If they are synced photos from the PC then you need iTunes to remove them.