New MacBook upgrade to 1.3Ghz or not?

chr15h

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I am planning to buy a new MacBook when released in the next few weeks and have been wondering if I should spend some extra and go for the process upgrade or not? (I have 2012 MacMini with upgraded SSD at present) My thoughts would be that this would future poof a little more and so was going to push the boat out and upgrade to the 1.2 or even the 1.3Ghz models (I want the HD space so 512 is on the cards and it comes with 8GB Ram anyway) I don't use mega apps but just the average bloke on Mac usage.

So process upgrade or not. Should I through caution to the wind?

Love to have you thoughts.
Thanks Chris

Mac Techie

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I would say if you want noticeable speed from the standard MacBook at least get an MBA. If you just want apples lowest end laptop for things like surfing web, emailing, word documents then get this and the 1.3 GHz upgrade won't make a difference.

Mac Techie

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
They want it to seem like the 1.3GHz is a BIG jump from standard. In my opinion .2GHz more of s not a difference really. If you want more speed than the MacBook get a MacBook Air.

chr15h

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again. I have looked for comparisons between the processors available on the new MacBook and on a MacBook air but can't really find any thing which points towards decent comparisons. Before the new MacBook was launched I wanted a MacBook air and wondered if anybody can shed light on how a MacBook air might compare speed wise to the new MacBook?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I feel getting the most powerful of a new MacBook will give a user more wiggle room in the case they want to do any multimedia applications. You never know what the things can do until someone tries doing it.
But for basic use the least powerful would probably be great. Plus even on the least powerful model it offers Apples latest tech.

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks again. I have looked for comparisons between the processors available on the new MacBook and on a MacBook air but can't really find any thing which points towards decent comparisons. Before the new MacBook was launched I wanted a MacBook air and wondered if anybody can shed light on how a MacBook air might compare speed wise to the new MacBook?

The processor in the MacBook will be slower then the one in the Air. The Core M isn't designed to be as fast as the Core i5 processor.

chr15h

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The processor in the MacBook will be slower then the one in the Air. The Core M isn't designed to be as fast as the Core i5 processor.

I got the feeling this might be the case and there is the other reason why I was considering going for the 1.3 new MacBook

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1