Why no sound?

khobia2

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Used AirPlay for the first time to mirror iMac screen to Apple TV to show a video. Video was fine but no audio. Set up, a HDTV, older Pioneer receiver (with optical audio no hdmi), Apple TV of course with hdmi going to TV and optical audio from TV to receiver.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Without knowing your setup, it's going to be difficult to exactly troubleshoot this.

I would guess that the problem is with the external setup rather than with the iPhone though. I know it's teaching grandma to suck eggs but have you made sure that every cable is plugged in to the correct input/output and everything is powered correctly? If not, you could 'bread board' it, to use a phrase from PC building, by laying everything out as best you can and following leads from start to finish to check.

Occam's Razor is usually the answer here, from my personal experience.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Why mirror? Is the video not in your iTunes library? The AppleTV can play any video in your iTunes library directly without having to mirror... unless it's a FamilyShared item... then you can use iTunes and AirPlay to the AppleTV.

Can you use iTunes Radio or other content on the AppleTV?? If iTunes radio plays on the AppleTV that would narrow down the possibilities.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711