Does anyone else have trouble toggling the ringer/silent switch while iphone 6 in Lifeproof case?

I

iMore Question

Just put my iphone 6 in a Lifeproof case. It seems quite tough to get the ringer/silent switch to toggle back and forth. It doesn't always do it all the time. Anyone else have this trouble? I did find the "assistiveTouch tip to be able to access the settings to switch it back and forth on screen.
Might I have to install the case with the toggle in a certain position for it to work properly?

lacanuck

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I think I sprained my thumb trying to slide the switch! Bad design!!! Who the hell at that company thought this was acceptable???

mattmo865

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
The trick is to push in and go in the opposite direction you would when the phone is not in the case. The button on the case makes the toggle work in reverse, so to mute you push in and pull towards the front of the phone. To unmute, push in and push towards the back.

androidisbetter

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Well, I can't help you directly with your problem, but I can tell you what the best solution is. Your main problem is that you bought an iPhone. iPhone's are terrible and have no real functionality beyond making phone calls, and acting as a paperweight. Anyone who has any idea what they are doing should buy a HTC.

iambarbarian

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Well, I can't help you directly with your problem, but I can tell you what the best solution is. Your main problem is that you bought an iPhone. iPhone's are terrible and have no real functionality beyond making phone calls, and acting as a paperweight. Anyone who has any idea what they are doing should buy a HTC.

How is your elitist remark remotely pertinent to this thread? You like Androids? Get an Android. To each their own.

ninalove01

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
mattmo865--Brilliant answer-thank you! Works perfectly! Counterintuitive yet perfectly logical once you realize why it works. Thanks again!

Ayersm2019

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site

Sorry to directly point this out to you, but you're biased towards Android. Your username completes it. Let people get the phone they want. I have some idea of what I am doing and I am an Apple person. Some people have different thoughts.

As for the Fre case from Lifeproof, you need to push it in the opposite direction that you want it to go. For instance, if you want to push the switch towards the screen side of the phone, you need to push it towards the back cover, and vice versa.

kristin reyes

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem and have missed several important phone calls! I found the solution, however, is to go to settings/general/accessability/assistive touch. This feature sets up an extra "toggle button" of sorts on your screen that you can access by touch. You're welcome😎

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and have missed several important phone calls! I found the solution, however, is to go to settings/general/accessability/assistive touch. This feature sets up an extra "toggle button" of sorts on your screen that you can access by touch. You're welcome

I use it a lot. Even to take screenshots. Assistive Touch is a great feature most people don't take the time to check out.

annajds

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
HELLO EVERYBODY I am here to solve all your problems (late but here) the reason your ringer isn't working is because your phone isn't pushed into the front of the case as it should. Soooo, to solve this problem I put a piece of a folded up napkin right over the apple on my phone and it solves it! I was just reading through these for a solution and I found one myself so here I am. Goodbye! Hopefully someone sees this ok

nicoleriley11

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
The trick is to push in and go in the opposite direction you would when the phone is not in the case. The button on the case makes the toggle work in reverse, so to mute you push in and pull towards the front of the phone. To unmute, push in and push towards the back.

You're phenomenal. I've searched everywhere for a way to make it work you're a legit genius. I'm not being an ***. I'm just so happy.

longreach

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
The rubber over the mute button has split after maybe a dozen uses. Past the 1 yr warranty. I was going to write to LifeProof anyway but I don't have an adequate receipt. I'm concerned that it may not be as waterpoof although the split is tiny and I don't intend to take the phone underwater. I strongly advise LP users to deactivate Assistive Touch as above and use that for mute / unmute the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711