Apple support was not able to help me even after being online with them for 3 hours! basically what they said at the end was - too bad - cannot recover. Anyone can help me recover my pictures on my iPhone 6.
    03-12-2015 10:19 PM
    Apple support was not able to help me even after being online with them for 3 hours! basically what they said at the end was - too bad - cannot recover. Anyone can help me recover my pictures on my iPhone 6.
    Did you turn iCloud library on or off during the process?
    03-12-2015 10:33 PM
    it was off I think,
    03-13-2015 01:39 AM
    Did you turn iCloud library on or off during the process?
    First of all, I can't understand how updating iOS 8.2, especially OTA (over the air), would delete the pics on your iPhone. That has NEVER happened to me with any update. This begs the question, how did you update your iPhone to iOS 8.2? OTA or via iTunes? Did you do a clean install or update over your existing iOS installation? Did you create a backup prior to updating? Have you logged into your iCloud account via a computer to see if the photos are present?
    03-13-2015 10:00 AM
    I don't understand either. I updated over iTunes and I did not backup my pictures as I was planning to do so and I got the prompt to update to iOS 8.2. So I did without thinking that it would delete all my latest pictures and videos of my recent holiday. My iCloud has run out of space and so I do not think it is there but will check.
    03-13-2015 10:30 AM
    I don't understand either. I updated over iTunes and I did not backup my pictures as I was planning to do so and I got the prompt to update to iOS 8.2. So I did without thinking that it would delete all my latest pictures and videos of my recent holiday. My iCloud has run out of space and so I do not think it is there but will check.
    It sounds like you might have set up your device as new instead of clicking restore from back up. If that's the case and you didn't have a back up you might have lost everything. There may be third party apps that might help but I haven't used any so I can't recommend them.
    Are you sure you hadn't backed up your phone?
    03-13-2015 10:52 AM
    It is a new phone and I was going to back up and got the message to upgrade and so I did it - little did I know that I would loose my pictures.
    03-13-2015 12:19 PM
    I did not set it as new - but to restore - I am positive about that.
    03-13-2015 12:21 PM
    which third party app - please let me know so I can check it out. Thanks.
    03-13-2015 12:22 PM
    That's crazy, and I'm sorry that happened to you. Did you login to the iCloud website to see if they are present in your iCloud Photo Library?
    03-13-2015 12:25 PM
    Furthermore, check to see if you have iTunes set to automatically create a back upon connecting your device. If so, there's a good chance that a backup was done prior to the update. Also, if you are a person who "sync" photos to iTunes, check the photos tab within iTunes on your computer to see if they are present.
    03-13-2015 12:27 PM
    No 3rd party app is going to help with this situation...

Photos can be synced to iCloud... and can be synced to computer via iTunes and may be a part of a back-up done via iTunes... if no backups were made, and no sync of photos was ever done to iCloud or computer, there is nothing anyone can do to recover anything.
    03-13-2015 12:36 PM
    I did - not there
    03-13-2015 12:36 PM
    I did - not there
    I'm sorry, but you might as well consider the photos lost.
    03-13-2015 12:47 PM
    Take new photo. This will give you a link to the old ones
    03-15-2015 04:26 PM