How can I keep the apple menu bar at the top of my screen in all my applications

I

iMore Question

In excel and word I can't see my apple menu bar at the top unless I hold the mouse over it!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you referring to OS X or iOS? I've used both on my MacBook in the past and neither covered or caused the menu bar to not be visible. The same goes for the dock. If you're actually referring to the dock where some of the app icons are, right click on the dock, choose "Dock Preferences" and then uncheck the box next to "Automatically hide and show the Dock".

Janice Lutz

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
OS X, it is the menu bar at the top showing the app menu plus the bluetooth, volume, battery life, time, spotlight etc. that only shows when I hold the curser over it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Don't run the apps full screen... hit 'escape' when a window hides the menu bar... resize the window to maximize it without hiding the bar.

Janice Lutz

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks but by doing that (esc then resize window) you lose the tabs at the bottom of the excel sheet - i.e. worksheet tabs etc. Before this upgrade to Yosemite I always had full screen and the menu bar. Grrrr

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73