How do I add more passwords to keychain?

I

iMore Question

I want to add more passwords to keychain, I have dozens of them but they do not appear in my keychain.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So you have to actually log in to a site for it to be placed in the keychain. You can't just go to the keychain and add them. In the meantime, use an app like 1Password.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So you have to actually log in to a site for it to be placed in the keychain. You can't just go to the keychain and add them. In the meantime, use an app like 1Password.

That's what I don't like. If you jump on a work PC or a friends you don't even know your passwords. 1Password all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's what I don't like. If you jump on a work PC or a friends you don't even know your passwords. 1Password all the way.

I recently lost all my passwords from 1Password. I thought I had then synced. When I restored my phone as new, I found out different. But those in keychain were still there. I had some on an email too. So out of 75 passwords, I lost 31. But none of those were important. The good folks at agilebits have been very helpful. I'm syncing with Dropbox this time.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Nice. But sorry to hear about that. I have mine on my iPhone, my iPad and my Mac. I think I'm good. But I have had that happen when I used to use data vault.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Nice. But sorry to hear about that. I have mine on my iPhone, my iPad and my Mac. I think I'm good. But I have had that happen when I used to use data vault.

It was my fault. I never actually synced to iCloud. I just had it backed up. If I had restored to my iCloud back up, they would have been there. AgileBits suggested I sync to Dropbox rather than iCloud. For good measure, I downloaded 1Password to my Wife's phone. I'll "share" all my passwords to her app. She doesn't have but maybe 4 different passwords.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner