On my iPhone 6, where can I find the Profile under Settings-General?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 6 - I cannot find Profile under Settings->General

Here are the instructions i am following;
Tap ?Settings?.
Tap ?General?.
Tap ?Profiles?.
Tap and ?Remove? all Profiles. (six)

"Profiles" does not exist as an option. Where do i have find it?

John Healy III

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I tested this and found that if you have no profiles yet on a new phone, the option will not exist.

I created a profile and loaded it into my phone and the profiles option appeared.

Then even after I deleted the profile, the menu option for profiles remained.

This makes sense as you only need this option if you have profiles loaded.

You can only delete profiles, not change them or create new ones, but can load them if emailed to you, but that is just an accept of the file.

John Healy III

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 - I cannot find Profile under Settings->General

Profiles are configuration files that restrict user settings or pre-populate them so the user doesn't need to. You need apple's Configuration tool to create them (different functions, values or defaults and certificates).

General users would not even know they exist, except for functions/options that can not be used or changed. They can also pre-connect to network systems less the user and password or wipe the phone after 10 consecutive login failures. There are many other possibilities for pre configured and/or controlled user hardware in companies to restrict usage, and prevent access to stolen phone data by wiping them once reported lost.

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
i want to install 2 bbm on my iphone 6+, but i cant fint the profile. what should i do?? please help me to find the profile in setting general so i can install 2 bbm on my iphone 6+, thx..

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
how to find profile? i want to install 2 bbm and i have to changes some following, but i cant find it

See below. Keep in mind this only shows up if you actually have profiles installed on the device.
fa61d668c910152d3a95bdbe3fff9186.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

GilbertBJ

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Sorry but the explanations are not right. On iPhone 6s latest iOS profiles cannot be found nor device management. Funny enough a search in settings shows that result but it does not exist. I need to DELETE an old profile for a special app, I cannot find it by any means. The app installed a new profile - even that one cannot be deleted. I just bought the iPhone after using iPhone 4 where all that was working fine. Now the app has a conflict, between the old and the new profile and every time I switch on the app it warns me (so sorry, theere IS a profile!). Maybe the only way it to enter the iPhone through a special program (I have!) but not sure where those profiles are hiding so I can delete them.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but the explanations are not right. On iPhone 6s latest iOS profiles cannot be found nor device management. Funny enough a search in settings shows that result but it does not exist. I need to DELETE an old profile for a special app, I cannot find it by any means. The app installed a new profile - even that one cannot be deleted. I just bought the iPhone after using iPhone 4 where all that was working fine. Now the app has a conflict, between the old and the new profile and every time I switch on the app it warns me (so sorry, theere IS a profile!). Maybe the only way it to enter the iPhone through a special program (I have!) but not sure where those profiles are hiding so I can delete them.

Either you don't have the profile installed (in which case you won't see a Profiles option in settings) or something got messed up. I had a similar situation occur in the past. I found that restoring my iPhone was the only fix that worked.

GilbertBJ

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Sorry but as I explained, that is NOT the case. The app detects the old profile, installs a second one and as it is the case with my friends still no list of profiles and no settings under General as they ought to be there. And even the new profile is under VPN settings and cannot be deleted. Profiles & Device management are gone. Full stop.

GilbertBJ

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Here in Beijing we even ask ourselves if Apple is cooperating with the Chinese to stop us from using profiles. While the iOS is downloaded from abroad but.... Nevertheless the many posts all over the Internet show it is not a "China" problem. Who knows....

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but as I explained, that is NOT the case. The app detects the old profile, installs a second one and as it is the case with my friends still no list of profiles and no settings under General as they ought to be there. And even the new profile is under VPN settings and cannot be deleted. Profiles & Device management are gone. Full stop.

Here in Beijing we even ask ourselves if Apple is cooperating with the Chinese to stop us from using profiles. While the iOS is downloaded from abroad but.... Nevertheless the many posts all over the Internet show it is not a "China" problem. Who knows....

My apologies; I misread. Hopefully something gets worked out in the near future. I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple, or any company for matter, bend in order to get the Chinese to import their products.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

In this instance, you may need to restore your device and set it up as new to rid the device of the profile(s), although uninstalling the app that installed it is usually enough. If it were me, I'd restore as new and then see if the profiles have been removed.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
In this instance, you may need to restore your device and set it up as new to rid the device of the profile(s), although uninstalling the app that installed is usually enough. If it were me, I'd restore as new and then see if the profiles have been removed.

Sounds like the best bet!

GilbertBJ

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
If I restore the device, the only way I can do this is to clean up all content, settings, pictures, messages etc. That is not really an option. Uninstalling the app also does not work as the profile is independent of the app. The only solutions I can think of: Apple finds a solution (i.e. restoring how it worked in the past) or I break into the iPhone with iExplorer but how to find that file....

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think you'll be waiting a long time if you're going to wait for Apple to fix this. Sounds like you're going to have to go with iExplorer.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Ty TeamBreezy Reed

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 - I cannot find Profile under Settings->General

profiles are configuration files that restrict user settings or pre-populate them so the user doesn't need to. You need apple's configuration tool to create them (different functions, values or defaults and certificates).

General users would not even know they exist, except for functions/options that can not be used or changed. They can also pre-connect to network systems less the user and password or wipe the phone after 10 consecutive login failures. There are many other possibilities for pre configured and/or controlled user hardware in companies to restrict usage, and prevent access to stolen phone data by wiping them once reported lost.

can you email me a profile link??

Last edited by a moderator:

GilbertBJ

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Of course one can completely restore the iPhone. But the problem is you lose all your data and settings and restoring the setting from iTunes (in your computer) most probably brings back the profiles. Right now in China Astrill does not work on the iPhone since a long time. I am using another VPN that downloaded new profiles and well at least that is working right now. So the old Astrill profile does not bother me as for now. All strange how Apple treats its iOS and its customers.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Of course one can completely restore the iPhone. But the problem is you lose all your data and settings and restoring the setting from iTunes (in your computer) most probably brings back the profiles. Right now in China Astrill does not work on the iPhone since a long time. I am using another VPN that downloaded new profiles and well at least that is working right now. So the old Astrill profile does not bother me as for now. All strange how Apple treats its iOS and its customers.
Thanks for the update...:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods