I just bought a 6+. My wife is going to take over my 5. How do I make the data transfer?

TeamCrews

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Both phones are backed up on my PC. I don't want to mess up. I need to move the data from the 5 to the 6+. Then the data from a 4 to the 5.

After I move the data to the 6+ do I restore the 5?

Thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a 6+. My wife is going to take over my 5. How do I make the da...

Backup your iPhone 5 via iTunes or iCloud, and during the initial setup of the iPhone 6 Plus, you will be asked if you want to restore from a backup. Choose to restore from the backup you just made. It will automatically show the last backup made with iTunes or iCloud.

After you've restored the iPhone 6 Plus with the backup of the iPhone 5, get the iPhone 5, and dig out of EVERYTHING ( iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, iTunes & App Store, etcetera,) make sure you disable Find my iPhone. Afterwards, go to Settings - General - Reset and then select Erase All Contents and Settings. When the process is complete, you will be taken to the Welcome screen. Give the device to your wife to set it up as she sees fit.

TeamCrews

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Re: I just bought a 6+. My wife is going to take over my 5. How do I make the da...

Hi JM. Thank you so much for the reply.
I think I left out an important fact. She's using an iPhone 4 right now. I want to transfer the data from the 4.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do the exact same thing: backup the iPhone 4, and then restore the backup to the iPhone 5. Remember, in the instructions above, it states that after you've selected to Erase All Contents and Settings on the iPhone 5, you will be greeted with the Welcome screen when the process is complete. Your wife, who is getting the iPhone 5, will be given the option to restore from a backup during the setup process. Have her restore the backup she just made of the iPhone 4. After the process is complete, her iPhone 5's home screens will be setup in the same manner as they were on her iPhone 4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711