Why can't I invite anyone from my contacts to an event I'm making?

I

iMore Question

Some names populate when I type them in but a vast majority are grayed out. Why can't I send an event notice or invite them to the event through the app?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iCalendar, I only use my phone calendar, not MS or other iPhone/Apple program or apps for scheduling.
Did you send those grayed out anyway? Grayed out just means iMessage won't work with those. But you should still be able to send an invite. If they are grayed out, they're either email addresses or non Apple devices like an Android phone.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Naiveuser

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
The names don't autopopulate from my contacts list and when I search for them after hitting the + button I can see all my contacts but not select them for the event. These are people I have iMSG group chats, so I know they have iPhones. That's why this is so confusing to me, it seems as simple as sharing anything else but for some reason the iCal app won't let me select them. Only about 5% of my contacts are selectable.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The names don't autopopulate from my contacts list and when I search for them after hitting the + button I can see all my contacts but not select them for the event. These are people I have iMSG group chats, so I know they have iPhones. That's why this is so confusing to me, it seems as simple as sharing anything else but for some reason the iCal app won't let me select them. Only about 5% of my contacts are selectable.
I think you have to have their email address in their contact card. Not just a number. See if that's the case.

Naiveuser

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Worked! It seems quite obvious now that I know. I guess I'm spoiled with being able to use SMS or iMSG to send other info. Thank you!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424541947.887537.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2