Will changing the DNS stop the darn buffering and input connection lost?

I

iMore Question

Will changing the DNS stop the darn "buffering" and "input connection lost"

When I stream a movie from Amazon Instant, using Apple TV AirPlay, it continually buffers or drops the input connection and eventually says "try again later." I've taken the unit in and Apply updated the software, but the problem is not resolved. I've had a computer guy check my WiFi connections and strength and all are good. I'd like to use Apple TV, but am ready to try Amazon Fire and worry that the same thing will happen. Any ideas? Advice?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will changing the DNS stop the darn "buffering" and "input connection lost"

How well does AirPlay from the device you're running the Amazon App on work for something that's on the device? Something synced from iTunes to the device? If that's good - it's not your device, AppleTV or home network... there could be an internet bottleneck somewhere between your ISP and Amazon... or between your home, and the ISP's connection to the internet at large.

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Re: Will changing the DNS stop the darn "buffering" and "input connection lost"

Try using Google's DNS of 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 - my Apple TV was so slow streaming iTunes Purchases (everything else was fine) - and that seemed to fix it, at least for now.

Really wish Apple would address the streaming issues on the Apple TV. Since the 7.0 software update it's been horrible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73