Why won't my iPhone 5 charge while the phone is on?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 5 won't charge while phone is on.

So I have an iPhone 5 and it charges fine after it has died until it boots up and then will not continue charging. I have tried multiple chargers and then also tried those chargers on different phones and all works fine except my phone. I'm leaning toward this being a motherboard issue as was the problem on the 4/4S, but I was hoping maybe someone could help me.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5 won't charge while phone is on.

It could be an issue with the charging port... or battery... refer to qualified service personnel...

AdmiralRS420

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site

Fixing phones is what I do for a living. This is not the first iPhone that has had this issue that wasn't solved through the normal means of replacing hardware. I do remember on the 4/4S having this issue on some of the phones that also was not fixed with hardware. I was looking for an actual answer not the generic cookie-cutter response.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

You can also try connecting to iTunes and re-installing the iOS and set up as a new device and evaluating performance before restoring a back-up... one of the standard things Apple advises people try...

AdmiralRS420

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site

I have already attempted it but the computer does not recognize it. I guess I was just hoping that someone in this forum was more than just a user and would actually know or have gone through this before as I know this is not an isolated instance.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I was just hoping that someone in this forum was more than just a user
wouldn't that be you because, after all,
Fixing phones is what I do for a living.
... yes, my responses thus far have come from the experience as a user...and they are the same as you'd get from Apple initially as well... sorry I bothered to even try to help....

AdmiralRS420

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site

I apologize for coming off as unprofessional. I am beyond frustrated with these silly things that iDevices do for seemingly no reason. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. If you know anyone in this forum that could possible help me could you pass this along to them please?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner