Why is the SNL app only available to iOS 8 and above?

I

iMore Question

why is app only available to ios 8 and above?

I have an iphone 4s and it runs on ios 7. Tried to download app only to find that ios has to be 8 or above. I cannot update my iphone 4s to get the ios software version. Are they planning on releasing an app for snl that users of the older iphones can run??? I have been an avid fan of SNL for many years and would really enjoy pulling up old clips of all cast such as John Belushi, Gilda Radner, and many others. You can relply to me by email, my email address is (redacted) Label the subject line "SNL 40 app" and I will be sure not to delete it as it will go to my junk email folder. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,
An avid SNL fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: why is app only available to ios 8 and above?

Developers choice. The vast majority of iOS users are on 8 or above.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

More than likely they're using features that are only available in iOS 8. Some apps have old versions available for previous iOS iterations, but I think it depends on the individual app.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

You might also want to contact the app developer directly, but since it's a brand new app, they might not spend the time to make it backwards compatible.

Dream_king

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

iPhone 4s should be able to update to iOS8 up to the latest 8.1.3. Any reason you cannot or don't wanna update your 4s?

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

It is the choice of a developer. It takes time and work to make the app backwards compatible and for what SNL chose to release the app for it doesn't make sense. You can contact the developer directly and see if they have any intention of making it available for below iOS 8, but if they have not already I do not see it happening.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2