How can I set OUTLOOK to be default email client on iphone 6?
    02-16-2015 11:49 AM
    No. But you can remove your email accounts from the native Mail app.
    02-16-2015 11:56 AM
    Just put all your emails in one basket (Outlook). Still, iCloud is unique, nevertheless (Apple ID).
    02-16-2015 12:07 PM
    How can I set OUTLOOK to be default email client on iphone 6?
    Configure your Outlook.com account via the Mail settings. Afterwards, select your Outlook.com account to be the "Default Account" by going to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scrolling down to the Mail section.
    02-16-2015 12:46 PM
    Configure your Outlook.com account via the Mail settings. Afterwards, select your Outlook.com account to be the "Default Account" by going to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scrolling down to the Mail section.
    I think the poster meant the app itself (the "new" Microsoft Outlook app), not an outlook email per se. Then again, I might be wrong...
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-16-2015 01:16 PM
    I think the poster meant the app itself (the "new" Microsoft Outlook app), not an outlook email per se. Then again, I might be wrong...
    Oh okay. Thanks...
    02-16-2015 01:18 PM
    How come it takes so long to send emails in the new Outlook app? I've sent a few emails using the new app but it takes a good while for them to send. Is there some way that I can speed it up. With the stock app, as soon as hit the send button, you can hear and see it send and in a little bit you've got the email in the inbox. Sent a couple to myself to check it but with Outlook, it seems it after you hit the send button, you never hear or see it it send and it takes a longtime for you to receive it. Is that the way it works or is it just mine messing up??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-17-2015 07:51 AM
    tharley46: I tested Outlook email app, Gmail app, CloudMagic email app and the stock email. Indeed the stock email was the fastest, by far. My conclusion is that it isn't Outlook's (or Gmail or CloudMagic) fault but rather an apple "thing."
    02-17-2015 08:14 AM
    How come it takes so long to send emails in the new Outlook app? I've sent a few emails using the new app but it takes a good while for them to send. Is there some way that I can speed it up. With the stock app, as soon as hit the send button, you can hear and see it send and in a little bit you've got the email in the inbox. Sent a couple to myself to check it but with Outlook, it seems it after you hit the send button, you never hear or see it it send and it takes a longtime for you to receive it. Is that the way it works or is it just mine messing up??

I didn't experience that when I had the app installed. When I hit the send icon, the message was sent. If there was a delay, it couldn't have been more than a second or two.
    02-17-2015 08:28 AM
    I should make myself clearer: Getting emails took longer when I sent them from Gmail, Outlook and/or CloudMagic. Sending emails via Outlook app was fine.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-17-2015 08:57 AM
    I think I'll stay with stock mail and delete outlook

hydrogen3 likes this.
    02-17-2015 12:02 PM
    I think I'll stay with stock mail and delete outlook

Outlook for iOS is a darn good app, but it's not quite *there*. Know what I mean?
    02-17-2015 03:11 PM