Hello,

Ok here's the scoop, and it's the truth. My ex and I are embroiled in a nasty divorce - restraining order and the whole nine (so - no, I can't communicate with him). He had a iPhone 5 that he wasn't using (I'm still paying off his 5s upgrade) but our son was playing on the old 5 -basically as an itouch device just for games. My ex deactivated the account on the 5, or signed out, or changed his password or something, because whenever my son tried to play we got the prompt that we needed to sign in under my ex's Apple ID. I tried restoring the phone (bad idea, I know), now everything's gone and the same prompt is there.

Is there anyway I can divorce this phone from my ex, sign it in under my own apple id, download the games he liked the best under my nickel, and let my kid play his games? He already doesn't understand what's going on, I'd like to at least give him back his favorite games...

thanks,

frustrated momma
    02-16-2015 09:27 AM
    Sounds like the iCloud activation lock. And sorry to say there is no way around it other than using his email and password.
    02-16-2015 09:44 AM
    Nothing you can do without his password. He has to remove the account from the device.
    02-16-2015 09:45 AM
    Nothing you can do without his password. He has to remove the account from the device.
    But he can do so remotely via iCloud. He does not need direct access to the device.
    zerog46 likes this.
    02-16-2015 09:49 AM