Hey guys,

I am kinda new to iPhones and stuff, but a friend of mine got his fathers old iPhone 4s with iOS 7.1.2 and him and his father have no idea about the password of his Apple ID which is linked to his iPhone...
    The problem is, he wanted to reset the phone to factory image, but he need the password and his father isn't in the tech at all and completely lost his password and its not even him who created an account.
    I googled as much as i could about deleted the account from the iphone without password but no luck, there is a way to disable Find My Phone but it only works on iOS 7.1.1 and below... what a luck, and they both have a hard time getting to an apple store (welcome to third world countries).
    Is there any one that knows how I can help him delete the account (or deactivate Find My Phone?). Any help will be much appreciate it!

Thank you very much!
    02-15-2015 07:44 PM
    Apple ID - Apple Support

Could try password recovery on the AppleID...
    02-15-2015 07:49 PM
    I tried that, but no luck, his father doesn't remember any security answers, passwords or emails, or recovery emails. Thanks for the fast reply tho...

Edit: I was the one posting a question of course.
    02-15-2015 08:17 PM
    I tried that, but no luck, his father doesn't remember any security answers, passwords or emails, or recovery emails. Thanks for the fast reply tho...

Edit: I was the one posting a question of course.
    Unfortunately there is nothing any of us can do in this regard, an Apple will not allow access to or allow the account to be modified without the proper iCloud credentials.
    02-15-2015 08:23 PM
    Just sad... throwing away a device (an expensive one too) just because of loss of login info feels like throwing away a car because of loss of keys.
    I even tried restoring it in iTunes while in recovery mode, still no luck.
    Thanks anyways!
    02-15-2015 08:31 PM
    Just sad... throwing away a device (an expensive one too) just because of loss of login info feels like throwing away a car because of loss of keys.
    I even tried restoring it in iTunes while in recovery mode, still no luck.
    Thanks anyways!
    It's not a login issue. It's a security issue. If the owner knew the answers to the security questions he chose, gaining access to the device and account would be a cinch. However, since he does not know the answers, protecting his account and rendering the phone useless is in the best interest of the owner in case the device is stolen, lost or is found by someone other than the owner.
    Highrisedrifter and Lemaj Bed like this.
    02-15-2015 08:50 PM
    Theifs everywhere are in mourning! And that's a good thing!

Sent from my  6+
    02-15-2015 11:23 PM
    Theifs everywhere are in mourning! And that's a good thing!

Sent from my  6+
    Yeah, if u have nothing useful to say dont say anything. Ironically he had iPhone 5s and was stolen from him and now he is stuck with a useless 4s.
    02-16-2015 06:01 AM