What could be the reason for my son's poor battery life regarding his iPhone 5S?

I

iMore Question

No, his phone is not constantly searching for wifi, it's already connected to wifi.
Double clicked home button and closed all apps opened.
Tried restarting the phone.
Brightness is really dim and is not the cause of the battery drain.

What may be the reason for this? and what is the solution?
How much will it cost to get a replacement that actually lasts as it should be?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: My son is so frustrated with his iPhone 5S's battery life

How longs has he had the phone? Could it just be that the barrel is getting old.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
My son is so frustrated with his iPhone 5S's battery life

Is the app background refresh option enabled; i would disable it, perhaps that may contribute to the poor battery life.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

How long is the phone lasting before needing to be recharged?

Has he checked under the Battery Usage in Settings to see what apps are using the battery the most?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

So how much time does he get with a charge? What all does he do on his phone and how often? How are all his settings set? How much time does he spend using the phone?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. How often is he on the phone?
2. How high does he have the brightness level?
3. Does he play a lot of games?
4. Does he use the Bluetooth feature, and if not, is it enabled?
5. Does he carry his phone in an area where the cellular signal is weak?
6. Does he have social networking account where he is receiving constant updates?

All of the above, among other things, can adversely affect a smartphone's battery.

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

he would leave the phone at the LOWEST brightness with all the apps closed and not touch it at all for about 8 hours and the battery would be at red or dead

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

and youre able to find that in settings? the "app background refresh" option

General.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423800477.159006.jpg

Background app refresh.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423800497.401890.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

i have answered your questions through SwitchBeach's reply. refer to that please
If you want to test the battery to see if it is performing as it should, take this test. It's what many Apple Genius Bar techs use to test batteries.
Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

If the battery passes this test, then it's all the other ingredients that cause battery drainage, most of which are user precipitated. If the battery fails the test, then it's time for either a new phone or new battery. They do wear out. I still use the iP 5 I got new 17 months ago. My battery is waning. I charge it at least 3 times a day. I'm a heavy time user. It happens.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

jrrushing

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Locating services, each app wants to use locating services via. Gps uses tons of battery life turning off most saved hours of battery life on my 4s

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox