How do I rename a note?

I

iMore Question

How to rename a note

I have a note and wish to name it something else. How can I do that?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
okay, but what if the note is a sketch?!!

Just add your title first. Then tap the + for sketch tools and tap back when done.,
5ccf2d5d248216afadff5c73e4ba326a.jpg

0b040b2462514e858408ff286c611201.jpg

anon(10407217)

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Re: How to rename a note

If you are talking about the Notes app in iOS, simply change the contents of the first line in the note file. That is what is used as the title.

Yea but I chose to move it to icloud and when i go to icloud app it shows as simply "Text File". So unless i create a folder for every note or document and name the folder what I'd like the note to ge named i won't know what the note is without opening it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to rename a note

Yea but I chose to move it to icloud and when i go to icloud app it shows as simply "Text File". So unless i create a folder for every note or document and name the folder what I'd like the note to ge named i won't know what the note is without opening it.

You try this?
Tap and hold on a file.
A menu with options to Delete / Rename / Info / More will show.
Tap on Information to see the text of a file, the file’s full title, file type, size, and more.
Tap on More to rename, share or move a file to another folder.

writer512

Nov 11, 2018
Visit site
If iPad Pro is using Apple Pencil tap and drag note downward with finger, hold, select EDIT name with Pencil. Works with finger to EDIT too.

Last edited:

Jack Castillo1

Oct 11, 2019
Visit site
I copied a screen shot and uploaded the image to my notes. I forgot to enter text in the first line of the note so when I uploaded it to my Notes app it appeard as "New Note." Not good. After struggling with this I inadvertently was able to cut the image from the note and enter a more desirable description of the note. I hit return on the key board and then did a paste. The image was inserted and I had a better title of the note.

To grab the image I pulled down the note to display the create date, held my finger on the date and dragged. The whole image was selected, I then followed the procedure outlined above.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods