Hi,

I was just wondering if you will be getting an Apple Watch (I'm sure you will if only for review purposes), and if so, do you have a solution for wearing it with your allergy.

Even though I'm not a watch wearer, I really want one (because I love all Apple products), and I will probably purchase it anyway, and if it causes a reaction, I will return it. But, I really, really, really, want to be able to wear an Apple Watch.

Will you discuss this during one of your podcasts please?

Also, I was just wondering why you no longer upload video to iTunes. Your show is Apple centric, but you only show video on youtube. I really miss being able to download your video version via iTunes to watch without a wifi connection.

Thanks

Nana T
    02-11-2015 02:04 PM
    02-11-2015 02:16 PM
    I don't think anyone really knows on nickel yet.

I believe the reason the videos aren't on iTunes is because of hosting costs.
    02-11-2015 02:22 PM
    Hi kch50428,

I have already read that thread, but thank you for the link anyway. What I wanted was an opinion from Rene Ritchie since he had written the article stating that he has a nickel allergy.
    02-12-2015 02:49 AM
    I don't think anyone really knows on nickel yet.

I believe the reason the videos aren't on iTunes is because of hosting costs.
    Hi Karenkcoulter,

I read the thread linked above (along with a few others) and one of them quoted some info from the apple site that stated the nickel content would be around 10 - 14%. In any case, I was just wondering whether or not Rene Ritchie would chance it considering that he also has a nickel allergy.

Thanks for the iTunes info, I wasn't aware that people were being charge to upload there. Knowing this makes me appreciate the podcasters even more.
    02-12-2015 02:57 AM
    Would sticking some clear plastic on the back of the watch help at all to cover contact direct to the skin?
    02-12-2015 03:36 AM
    Or maybe a better idea see if you can get a leather band to go behind the watch like in the picture below. I know the one in the picture is pretty ugly, but I am sure with a bit of creativity you would be able to manage to make something look prettier, unless you could buy these leather bands already made.

Do you have a solution for wearing the  Watch while having a Nickel Allergy?-imoreappimg_20150212_084556.jpg
    02-12-2015 03:46 AM
    Would sticking some clear plastic on the back of the watch help at all to cover contact direct to the skin?
    I'd thought about using some sort of sport band, but I believe it would interfere with the heart rate sensor.
    02-12-2015 11:34 AM
    I'd thought about using some sort of sport band, but I believe it would interfere with the heart rate sensor.
    Yeah, not sure how you could overcome this to have the heart rate sensor function work too that requires direct skin contact.
    02-14-2015 08:54 AM
    Hi kch50428,

I have already read that thread, but thank you for the link anyway. What I wanted was an opinion from Rene Ritchie since he had written the article stating that he has a nickel allergy.
    In that case, you might have posted a comment under that article rather than creating a thread about it.
    02-14-2015 10:19 AM
    In that case, you might have posted a comment under that article rather than creating a thread about it.
    I actually thought that I was posting under that article, as I clicked on "submit your question" from that page. I'm not sure how it turned into a new thread of it's own.

ETA: I also thought that my questions were going to go directly to Rene Ritchie's in box, which is why I didn't state his name in the post. So sorry for posting in the wrong place.
    Last edited by Nana T; 02-19-2015 at 02:19 AM.
    02-19-2015 02:09 AM