Do you have a solution for wearing the  Watch while having a Nickel Allergy?

I

iMore Question

Hi,

I was just wondering if you will be getting an Apple Watch (I'm sure you will if only for review purposes), and if so, do you have a solution for wearing it with your allergy.

Even though I'm not a watch wearer, I really want one (because I love all Apple products), and I will probably purchase it anyway, and if it causes a reaction, I will return it. But, I really, really, really, want to be able to wear an Apple Watch.

Will you discuss this during one of your podcasts please?

Also, I was just wondering why you no longer upload video to iTunes. Your show is Apple centric, but you only show video on youtube. I really miss being able to download your video version via iTunes to watch without a wifi connection.

Thanks

Nana T

Nana T

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nickel allergy and Apple Watch?

Hi kch50428,

I have already read that thread, but thank you for the link anyway. What I wanted was an opinion from Rene Ritchie since he had written the article stating that he has a nickel allergy.

Nana T

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

I don't think anyone really knows on nickel yet.

I believe the reason the videos aren't on iTunes is because of hosting costs.

Hi Karenkcoulter,

I read the thread linked above (along with a few others) and one of them quoted some info from the apple site that stated the nickel content would be around 10 - 14%. In any case, I was just wondering whether or not Rene Ritchie would chance it considering that he also has a nickel allergy.

Thanks for the iTunes info, I wasn't aware that people were being charge to upload there. Knowing this makes me appreciate the podcasters even more.

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Or maybe a better idea see if you can get a leather band to go behind the watch like in the picture below. I know the one in the picture is pretty ugly, but I am sure with a bit of creativity you would be able to manage to make something look prettier, unless you could buy these leather bands already made.

iMoreAppImg_20150212_084556.jpg

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Hi kch50428,

I have already read that thread, but thank you for the link anyway. What I wanted was an opinion from Rene Ritchie since he had written the article stating that he has a nickel allergy.

In that case, you might have posted a comment under that article rather than creating a thread about it.

Nana T

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

In that case, you might have posted a comment under that article rather than creating a thread about it.

I actually thought that I was posting under that article, as I clicked on "submit your question" from that page. I'm not sure how it turned into a new thread of it's own.

ETA: I also thought that my questions were going to go directly to Rene Ritchie's in box, which is why I didn't state his name in the post. So sorry for posting in the wrong place.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711