I have a 90 year old mother in failing health and keep my phone on at all times and by my bed at night. I enabled Do Not Disturb for everyone but Favorites contacts (my family members) in case of "the call". I have been awakened by delayed texts from family during the night. Is there a way to silence texts but not phone calls from "Favorites" contacts?
    02-08-2015 12:08 PM
    That's interesting because my DND feature silences everything except calls from Favorites. Here are my settings

Can I silence texts at night from "Favorites" contact?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1423419889.011003.jpg
    02-08-2015 01:24 PM
    Do you have something like an alarm clock app that makes it so your phone doesn't lock at night? That combined with a setting at the bottom of he above screen shot could cause this.
    02-08-2015 01:27 PM
    I have mine set to silence always when in the scheduled DnD... Works for me... All I get is calls from Favorites...
    02-08-2015 01:56 PM
    DND silences everything except calls from my favorites. Here's my settings.
    02-08-2015 02:29 PM
    I'm in the same situation. Please know that calls without caller ID also will be blocked. You might miss phone calls from health care facilities this way. I never found a way for a work around.
    I hope you have some quality time left with your Mom!
    02-09-2015 06:02 PM
    I'm in the same situation. Please know that calls without caller ID also will be blocked. You might miss phone calls from health care facilities this way. I never found a way for a work around.
    I hope you have some quality time left with your Mom!
    The workaround is the repeated calls switch... repeated calls within 3 minutes of the first will not be silenced...hopefully a health care facility will call again before the 3 minutes lapses...
    nikkisharif and blueszz like this.
    02-09-2015 06:07 PM
    Exactly, but if they call son x and son y in between in attempts to reach any family members that might not work.

That is why I now rarely use DND, just hope my friends are kind enough not to call me during inappropriate hours. Only after night shifts when I sleep during the day I use DND and hope I'm alerted by one of my favorites :-)

Blocking no caller ID numbers makes me nervous in this situation. But that's me :-)
    02-09-2015 06:20 PM
    Exactly, but if they call son x and son y in between in attempts to reach any family members that might not work.

That is why I now rarely use DND, just hope my friends are kind enough not to call me during inappropriate hours. Only after night shifts when I sleep during the day I use DND and hope I'm alerted by one of my favorites :-)

Blocking no caller ID numbers makes me nervous in this situation. But that's me :-)
    Add the major health care facilities to favorites. How many could there be that might call between 10pm and 6 am?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    02-09-2015 10:35 PM
    I am assuming repeated calls from the same number is required, to break the DnD protocol. What if the Hospital PBX, uses a different extension for every outgoing call.
    You could silence the text ringtone altogether, before you go to sleep.
    02-10-2015 02:01 AM