Can RAT infected OS/IOS devices be salvaged (and will complacency lead to the demise of Apple)?

I

iMore Question

What do you do when a company like Apple continues to assert that their devices cannot be infected by malware, or that code injected hacks are simply not possible, despite evidence such as Google's Project Zero's of vulnerabilities at the kernel level in OS X? As CEO of an organization targeted by actors within China following a three year collaboration with a major industry group in that country, my home office Macs (3), IPhones (3) and IPad's (2) were targeted three months ago. We regularly experience devices powering on, fake apps appearing on desktops, surreptitious recording of video and audio, disconnected phones or jammed mute buttons during critical phone calls over cellular, resident malware that redirect to rogue sites via G.MSNxxxx, or jsxxx.jumpstationxxx, fake SSID connections named the same as current wi-fi, the occasional display of Chinese text or ads featuring the red flag, etc.--that persist despite hard drive replacements and multiple reinstallations of OS X an IOS 8, and over 20 contacts with support staff. Apple continues to deny despite evidence to the contrary that such things are possible, as does ATT who places the blame on Apple and absolves themslelf of any responsibility. Am I left with a heap of aluminum and plastic, or can these RATs, APTs be exterminated?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am under the assumption that any device can be infected, and it's up to the consumer to make sure that they do their part in keeping their devices from being infected in the same manner as it is a homeowner's responsibility to keep the contents within the home safe from burglars and thieves. Do we blame the homeowner for the house being burglarized or do we blame the thief? Should Apple be blamed for your device being infected, especially when it was not infected when you bought it, or should the person who infected your device be blamed?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Complaining anonymously here will not do much for the OP other than the feeling of satisfaction of having vented their ire...