How can I access my full contacts list in Outlook for iOS?

I

iMore Question

Contacts in Outlook for iOS

I started using the new, awesome, Outlook app on my iPad and iPhones, but I have only access to a list of recent contacts. I can't access my full list of contacts (I use a Gmail account): without this function I can't swap to thia app as primary office automation tool. Are there any tricks to access the full contact list or is it a bug??? Many thanks francesco

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Contacts in Outlook for iOS

I tried the Outlook app for a couple of weeks but I deleted it. It didn't show me all that much. IOS stock email works fine for me. I have other e-mail addresses that I use also

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I usually try new email apps, but I passed on this one. None of the email clients really offer me anything that's enough to use, instead of the stock Mail app. I do like CloudMagic, but don't use it because it's too hard to see and read. They use all that low contrast text. If they offer a dark theme, I'm on it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

The beauty of Outlook for iOS is using Microsoft Exchange with it. My contacts and calendar (et al) showed up immediately. It works flawlessly and I'm absolutely loving it. However, if you're not an Exchange client, this might not be the best email option for you at this point. Let's hope that as Outlook for iOS matures, it'll be friendlier to mainstream email clients. But this is a promising first step, nevertheless.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I started using the new, awesome, Outlook app on my iPad and iPhones, but I have only access to a list of recent contacts. I can't access my full list of contacts (I use a Gmail account): without this function I can't swap to thia app as primary office automation tool. Are there any tricks to access the full contact list or is it a bug??? Many thanks francesco

From what I can tell, the app doesn't offer a way to display a complete listing of your contacts. Having said that, if you enter the first couple of letters of the recipient's name in the to field (cc & bcc included), all contacts that meet the criteria will be displayed for you to select.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

From what I can tell, the app doesn't offer a way to display a complete listing of your contacts. Having said that, if you enter the first couple of letters of the recipient's name in the to field (cc & bcc included), all contacts that meet the criteria will be displayed for you to select.

Unless you use Microsoft Exchange. All contacts show up alphabetically (Outlook calls it "People," instead of "Contacts").

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Unless you use Microsoft Exchange. All contacts show up alphabetically (Outlook calls it "People," instead of "Contacts").

Yeah, I know, but when you select the "People" option at the bottom of the screen, you will also see "Recent people" and "All Accounts" at the top of the screen. Yet, I have yet to find a way for it to display "All people", if such a setting exists.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423324217.304410.jpg

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I know, but when you select the "People" option at the bottom of the screen, you will also see "Recent people" and "All Accounts" at the top of the screen. Yet, I have yet to find a way for it to display "All people", if such a setting exists.
Gotcha. Time to contact Microsoft...

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

I use exchange for work and still find the stock email app the best. I have thousands of emails and to search is painful to me. The stock one just works well in my opinion.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

I use exchange for work and still find the stock email app the best. I have thousands of emails and to search is painful to me. The stock one just works well in my opinion.

At this point I tend to agree with you, but keep in mind that Outlook for iOS is brand new. Hopefully it'll get better as it matures. Still, even though, I like it already quite a bit.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The native Mail app is more than sufficient for my email needs, but you know me, I don't mind testing out alternatives every now and then...:)

martyf12

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site

Did anyone find a solution for this? I have 2000 contacts on my desktop but not all of them are showing up in outlook for iOS on my phone. Thanks

trentboz

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site

After a little while I found a solution. I created an outlook.com dummy email address and then logged in to the account online and uploaded an exported .CSV file of my contacts from my outlook program on my PC

You will have to have the outlook.com address in your iOS as well but I just use the "all accounts" option and since I don't use that address so it's essentially invisible yet gives all accounts in outlook iOS access to the contacts I uploaded.

Finally!!

teecher123

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm finding Outlook for iOS fairly awesome so far also. I have however struggled to get my contacts showing. It appears that to get the most out of it you do need an Outlook email account in order to use Exchange.

To sync my contacts from iCloud I have used an app called Contacts Mover. It has collected contacts from iCloud, Google and my SIM card and uploaded them all to Exchange. They are all now visible in People. I have also installed A2Z Contacts as it allows superior group setup and emails without too much effort.

I finally feel like I am getting to be in control a little.

Let's see how things are next week.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner