Is anyone else's iPhone 6 Plus loke this?

I

iMore Question

Does anyone else's iPhone 6 Plus sleep/wake button wiggle a little bit?Like when i put my index finger on the button i am able to move it slightly from left to right otherwise it feels sturdy when i press it and it functions properly it is always responsive.When i put my thumb on it without actually pressing the button but simply exert a little bit of pressure on it it will also wiggle a bit.I took mu device to this apple store nearby where they advised my button was just fine and that there was nothing outta the ordinary.They even let me compare my phone to another 6 Plus so i did and tbh the other one was also a bit wiggly like a wiggly tooth(that is how i would describe it).I am just womdering if this is a rare occurance like if anyone else's phone is anything like what i just explained.Thanks in advance!Btw since youtube links don't really work here you can just go ahead and type in: "this can't be normal" on google in the video section,it's the first video that comes up(it is a video of what my button is like).That is of course if you decide to watch it in case you didnt really understand my explanation(i suck at explaining sorry).Anyways,i would really appreaciate it if you guys shared your opinion with me!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't recall ever having a device where this wasn't the case regardless of the manufacturer. I've seen numerous inquiries and complaints about such things over the years and it doesn't seem to indicate any serious problems so I wouldn't worry about it.

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
While I don't always blindly accept a tech advisor's word, usually it is wise to consider what they say seriously. Also, if they showed you more devices with the same thing, it is either a mass defect or working as intended.

That being said, mechanical portions of devices are mass produced. To keep things running smoothly they are produced to certain tolerances. When they are assembled slight variations can occur. If you had a button that was at the minimum tolerance and a shell at the maximum tolerance, you should have more wiggle than if the two were reversed. However, every iphone I have had has had some wiggle on the power and volume buttons. I really don't think it is anything to worry about.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My phone doesn't have a wiggly power/wake button; but I'm sure there's nothing wrong with yours. Sometimes there's going to be shifting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice