Where is the real iphone company?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't look now but just about every electronic in your house is made in China.
As you said, Apple's iPhone is designed in California. Just by the Bay. Beautiful area.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
China is no worse than anywhere else. There are atrocities everywhere. IME "Made in China" generally means good quality. There is a good reason why so much is made in China: Good quality made less expensively. That's not always the case but much of the time it is.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Designed by apple in california assembled in china

I am *assuming* you deem the iPhone a phony since it is actually assembled in China instead of in the U.S. or by team Apple. If so, that's like saying your child, although born in your country, isn't whatever nationality you are because he or she was conceived outside of your country....;).....Having said that, numerous American companies send their manufacturing business outside the U.S. for financial benefit. It doesn't have to be that way, but that's a whole different matter. Anyway, the iPhone 6 Plus that I am using is a real Apple product, and whoever put it together, I thank them from the bottom of my heart...;)

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I am *assuming* you deem the iPhone a phony since it is actually assembled in China instead of in the U.S. or by team Apple. If so, that's like saying your child, although born in your country, isn't whatever nationality you are because he or she was conceived outside of your country....;).....Having said that, numerous American companies send their manufacturing business outside the U.S. for financial benefit. It doesn't have to be that way, but that's a whole different matter. Anyway, the iPhone 6 Plus that I am using is a real Apple product, and whoever put it together, I thank them from the bottom of my heart...;)

This.

Whoever put my iPhone 6 Plus together did a hellova job. My phone seems perfectly assembled with no flaws that I can discern.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
We just looking for the better services but didn't find out the origin. from this thread I could know about the origin of iPhone.

What better services are you looking for? Are you looking for a reputable place to have your phone serviced? Really trying to work with you here....just a bit confused.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Most of the best phones come from Chinese companies themselves. All of them Apple products are made in China anyways and we all know Apple means nothing but quality.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Not a single phone is made in America. Not one.

Sent via
Americans generally do not like to work for the low wages that are common everywhere else in the world. I have to be honest, I don't really want to pay more for phones just because they're made in America. Expecting corporations to make less profits because their products are produced in America is nice but shareholders don't seem to be onboard with that for some strange reason. The government could/should provide enough tax incentive to bring the manufacturing back home if they want to increase jobs. You knew that, I just felt like writing.

from the ?4?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I drive a Honda CR-V.
Why?
Outstanding reliability. Outstanding service.
More standard features than a Ford Escape.

So......when US products catch up to what is produced elsewhere I will buy domestic.

Not interested in being left on the side of the road. Not interested in having American or North American phones leave me stranded when they brick in the middle of the day just for 'scuzz....

Apple products are reliable. Don't care one flying fig where they're made.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
What do u think of some people accusing apple user to not care of humanity regards the bad condition of apple's partner in producing their partner ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What do u think of some people accusing apple user to not care of humanity regards the bad condition of apple's partner in producing their partner ?

I don't think about it at all nor do I care about it. Why? The working standards/conditions imposed by various entities, especially in countries outside the U.S., is the norm, and there is only so much Apple or America can do about it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

If that is an accusation pertaining specifically to Apple I would challenge that person to find one single home where there isn't at least one single product made in China. REALLY hate to use Wikipedia but I'm on the move and can't really research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002227098

Wear Nikes? http://www.globalexchange.org/sweatfree/nike/faq
Eat grapes? http://www.progressncaction.org/news/report-inhumane-treatment-of-farmworkers-in-north-carolina
Gave a woman a diamond ring? Wear diamonds? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_diamond
Eat meat? http://www.animalfreedom.org/english/information/abuses.html

Eat salads? Wear leather? Yes to any of these questions? Then cruelty is being committed by someone for the sake of someone.

Unless you live off the grid and grow and sew and ride a bike to work and get paid through banks and corporations who are completely cruelty free, I say the argument has no merit.

My solution? Act locally. Instead of worrying about Foxconn I take food and blankets to the local ASPCA. I volunteer and participate in local outreach through my church.

So.....do I care? I care about making a difference. Do I make a difference in conditions at Foxconn? No. Because products and component of Foxconn are nearly omnipresent in today's technology. So I make a difference in my little world that surrounds me. And if I help one dog I've made a difference. And if I've helped one local family through clothes donation I make a difference. And if I work a soup kitchen during the holidays I made a difference

THAT is where I care.

Last edited:

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah been saying that ;) but unfortunately these "some people" are saying apple didn't try to fix that even the news have been worldwide known

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah been saying that ;) but unfortunately these "some people" are saying apple didn't try to fix that even the news have been worldwide known

Those people will never be reasonable because they are under the impression that their platform can do no wrong and Apple can do no right. And those people find all kinds of justifications and rationalisations as to why their platform which also contracts to Foxconn is somehow exempt from responsibility where Apple is. In other words, those people wear blinders. The Kool-Aid comes in all flavours. They claim everyone else drinks it while holding a full pitcher of it.