Where is the real iphone company?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hypocrit (am i spelling it right ?) lol

Close. Hypocrite is the correct spelling.

Look, here is the thing. In our post Industrial age we are all connected. Isolation, of peoples and efforts, is nearly futile. As I sit at my desk, I sit at a table of origin unknown. I am at a Dell computer (Foxconn partner) with a South Korean phone for work and a Foxconn Apple phone. A Nokia which was probably also made in Foxconn. I'm wearing an Eddie Bauer long sleeve Tshirt which was probably made in China under a wool sweater made in Ireland (this I know because it was handmade there and I bought it there) and black Macy's pants probably made in China and Roc boots and I've got no clue where they came from. I drove in a Japanese car using probably Middle Eastern fuel. I'm going to eat a sandwich with lettuce picked in California by an overworked farm worker. I'll eat pasta which came from who knows where. And broccoli also from another overworked farm worker.

I'll pick up my dogs who came from a breeder instead of the pound because I'm looking for a specific temperament for animal assisted therapy. I've got two rescue cats and one rescue ferrets. So I'm not living a life totally free of cruetly. How can I? I've done what I can. I don't eat meat. I don't wear diamonds. I support charities that are local to me because as I said I can see the immediate result of my helping the local dog pound or the local mission. But I cannot touch one single worker in China. And frankly, those workers in China work there because as horrible as we consider their lives to be here in the west and as terrible as it may be to be woken up at night to put in twelve hour days, they have their own responsibilities and Foxconn is better for them than the alternatives. Do I prefer a worker working at Foxconn rather than working in a fur farm where they skin raccoon dogs alive? You bet. Do I prefer buying a product made at Foxconn and having a worker there instead of being a subsistence farmer of dogs for the dog meat industry? You bet. So....we all must do what we can.

But before pointing a finger, be careful and make sure that the rebuttal won't come back to haunt.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
C'mon folks. His/her first post is to ask a provocative question then disappear?

Methinks me smells a rat...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
C'mon folks. His/her first post is to ask a provocative question then disappear?

Methinks me smells a rat...

The rest of the OPs fellow travelers have yet to act on the call to activism message with the link to this thread so they can engage in coordinated spam activism...

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hypocrite....:)

Close. Hypocrite is the correct spelling.

Look, here is the thing. In our post Industrial age we are all connected. Isolation, of peoples and efforts, is nearly futile. As I sit at my desk, I sit at a table of origin unknown. I am at a Dell computer (Foxconn partner) with a South Korean phone for work and a Foxconn Apple phone. A Nokia which was probably also made in Foxconn. I'm wearing an Eddie Bauer long sleeve Tshirt which was probably made in China under a wool sweater made in Ireland (this I know because it was handmade there and I bought it there) and black Macy's pants probably made in China and Roc boots and I've got no clue where they came from. I drove in a Japanese car using probably Middle Eastern fuel. I'm going to eat a sandwich with lettuce picked in California by an overworked farm worker. I'll eat pasta which came from who knows where. And broccoli also from another overworked farm worker.

I'll pick up my dogs who came from a breeder instead of the pound because I'm looking for a specific temperament for animal assisted therapy. I've got two rescue cats and one rescue ferrets. So I'm not living a life totally free of cruetly. How can I? I've done what I can. I don't eat meat. I don't wear diamonds. I support charities that are local to me because as I said I can see the immediate result of my helping the local dog pound or the local mission. But I cannot touch one single worker in China. And frankly, those workers in China work there because as horrible as we consider their lives to be here in the west and as terrible as it may be to be woken up at night to put in twelve hour days, they have their own responsibilities and Foxconn is better for them than the alternatives. Do I prefer a worker working at Foxconn rather than working in a fur farm where they skin raccoon dogs alive? You bet. Do I prefer buying a product made at Foxconn and having a worker there instead of being a subsistence farmer of dogs for the dog meat industry? You bet. So....we all must do what we can.

But before pointing a finger, be careful and make sure that the rebuttal won't come back to haunt.

Thx for the correction ;)

I agree we're all connected and need each other. Sometime people just too ignorance to accept this fact. Good bad it's all depends on who perspective

People always like to judge, but who are we to judge ? ;)

1 finger Pointing to others, 3 other fingers pointing at ourselves ;)

And we unable to notice dirt in front of our nose, but we super clear to notice others ;)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The rest of the OPs fellow travelers have yet to act on the call to activism message with the link to this thread so they can engage in coordinated spam activism...

Guaranteed the call has been made. As to whether they show up....we'll see. Things have been sensitive lately and if they come to troll I'm now in my grounds using my phone telling the truth they hate me for telling. So...let them come. I've got a nice new bat. Just DYING to try it out.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Thx for the correction ;)

I agree we're all connected and need each other. Sometime people just too ignorance to accept this fact. Good bad it's all depends on who perspective

People always like to judge, but who are we to judge ? ;)

1 finger Pointing to others, 3 other fingers pointing at ourselves ;)

And we unable to notice dirt in front of our nose, but we super clear to notice others ;)

Good line. One finger pointing to others, three pointing to ourselves....I've got to remember that.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Good line. One finger pointing to others, three pointing to ourselves....I've got to remember that.
That depends on how one holds their hand when they point... I can point with a thumb and index finger pointing forward and remaining fingers pointing left or right depending on the hand used... The whole " three fingers pointing back" meme is just another thought ending cliche...

WadeHM

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Foxconn has been making products since the'70s, before Apple started using them. But somehow the working conditions are Apple's fault. Makes no sense, but neither do the people who willfully ignore the truth.

Sent via

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Makes no sense, but neither do the people who willfully ignore the truth.
Another thought ending cliche... anyone who fails to see your position is willfully ignoring truth... gotcha...

In reality... there's what you think is the truth - and what I think is the truth... and the actual truth.

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure their pay isn't so bad for where they are. Also, 12 hour days are kinda meh. There are a lot of places in the USA that put in 12 hour days. I myself will work 12 and 16 hour days for months at a time.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
That depends on how one holds their hand when they point... I can point with a thumb and index finger pointing forward and remaining fingers pointing left or right depending on the hand used... The whole " three fingers pointing back" meme is just another thought ending cliche...

oh come on, do we really need to discuss this ? LOL
it's just an old saying in chinese ;p

WadeHM

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Another thought ending cliche... anyone who fails to see your position is willfully ignoring truth... gotcha...

In reality... there's what you think is the truth - and what I think is the truth... and the actual truth.

I think you are over thinking what I said. ;)

Sent via

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

I was gonna say that very same thing lol or you can also just put out your hand and all five finger point in one direction

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Made in or assemble in ? U sure all the components are made in north america as well ?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0F825Y20140703?irpc=932

Components for BB10 come from Asia.

http://n4bb.com/taiwan-suppliers-preparing-blackberry-10-phone-production-december/

And of course Blackberry also sells Foxconn devices, after a massive write down on unsold devices which just sat unsold because nobody wanted them.

http://www.emirates247.com/business...lier-foxconn-shares-surge-2013-12-23-1.532187

So assembly is either Canada or Mexico from components which include Asian parts OR the selfsame manufacturer as Apple, Foxconn.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0F825Y20140703?irpc=932

Components for BB10 come from Asia.

http://n4bb.com/taiwan-suppliers-preparing-blackberry-10-phone-production-december/

And of course Blackberry also sells Foxconn devices, after a massive write down on unsold devices which just sat unsold because nobody wanted them.

http://www.emirates247.com/business...lier-foxconn-shares-surge-2013-12-23-1.532187

So assembly is either Canada or Mexico from components which include Asian parts OR the selfsame manufacturer as Apple, Foxconn.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

I am not stalking you. No really.
:p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77