Why am I unable to play music on my iPhone 6 after attempting to create a playlist?

I

iMore Question

Last night I was listening to music on my iphone6 when I decided to create a playlist on it.
I typed in the name of the playlist, then pressed -songs- and started adding tracks, each individual song now had a pink plus sign next to it incased in a grey circle.

Anyway, after selecting the songs I wanted for the playlist, I went back to the playlist and the songs had not been added.
Eventually I tired of trying to figure out how to create a playlist, but more annoyingly, now I cannot remove the pink plus signs from next to every song on the phone, and as a result I can no longer listen to music through the phone.

How do I remove the pink plus signs, and return to the standard music listening experience?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The pink + signs indicate that you are still in the add music to your playlist mode. If you're done adding songs to your playlist, select "Done" in the upper right corner of the screen. Afterwards, you will automatically be in your playlist. Simply tap on a song to start playing it.