Why does my phone not have a sound for social media notifications?

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that when I get IG or FB notifications, there's never a sound. I may get the LED flash which is cool but what if I'm not looking at the phone?? I remember when I had android the same thing would happen with IG but FB I got a sound each time which is convenient for me. Someone said that IG developers don't support sound. But what about FB?? I checked the settings and the sounds are all toggled on. I tried toggling off and on but no help. Does anyone else have this problem? It would be nice if I could choose a tone so I know if its a text, email, social media notification, etc

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you check the sound and notification settings on your device and make sure that the configuration was set correctly for IG and FB?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Then all I can say is for you to check your volume settings, reboot your device, or delete and then reinstall both apps. I don't know what else to tell you, especially if the problem only exist for the two apps you mentioned. I assume you have the latest version of those apps installed.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For Facebook, you have to set it in the Facebook Settings also. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422548665.447689.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2