Why does the battery drain so fast?

I

iMore Question

why does the battery drain so fast

I'm constantly charging this phone and it is very discerning because I don't have chargers everywhere I go. It seems like you can only use it for maybe a couple hours and you have to charge it again!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: why does the battery drain so fast

What phone are you referring to? If you recently updated it, you might need to do a clean install. Sometimes you get a bad install with updates and have to do it over again.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
why does the battery drain so fast

Is it a new phone and you are playing on it non stop cause it's new? I know personally if I am on my 6 for 3 or four hours solid downloading and whatever else it needs a plug in... But that's not "normal" use

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm constantly charging this phone and it is very discerning because I don't have chargers everywhere I go. It seems like you can only use it for maybe a couple hours and you have to charge it again!

That's true. Apple never goes big on batteries, so if you're a heavy user it won't last long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Telespielstube

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Nobody will ne Anke to help you if you don't give them more informations about your phone, the apps you are using, a screenshot of the "Battery Usage" screen.

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

That's true. Apple never goes big on batteries, so if you're a heavy user it won't last long.

I get 2.5 to 3 days from a full charge on my IPhone 6+, so whilst earlier iPhones were notorious for been wallhuggers that is no longer the case, at least for the 6+ anyway.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I get 2.5 to 3 days from a full charge on my IPhone 6+, so whilst earlier iPhones were notorious for been wallhuggers that is no longer the case, at least for the 6+ anyway.

You're not a heavy user then. And even so, they only finally got a semi decent battery with their phablet.

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

You're not a heavy user then. And even so, they only finally got a semi decent battery with their phablet.

If I use the phone heavily by watching Netflix movies or when I used to play Plants vs Zombies heavily on it I still managed to get over a days use on it with all my other normal days usage added on to it too, so the 6+ does have a much longer battery life than all previous IPhones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711