How to download older versions/downgrade apps (specifically Snapchat)?

I

iMore Question

So I'm very new to jailbreaking and have just recently jailbroken my iPad mini iOS 8.1.2. It was already updated to iOS 8.1.3 so I had to restore and install 8.1.2 and then use the PP jailbreak for mac for 8.1.2.
The main reason I wanted to jailbreak in the first place is so that I could use the older version of Snapchat and use some other apps that I heard were only possible with jailbreaking. I rarely ever use my iPad so I figured it was worth a shot.
I looked up how to downgrade apps and found tutorials that had me trying to install different apps from cydia like AppSync, vShare, etc. through sources and none of them have been working. Either something goes wrong and the source doesn't install properly (if that's what you would call it) or the app installed but then crashed as soon as I tried to open it. I don't know if this is because of the iOS version and some apps only being compatible with iOS 8.1 or iOS 8.0 or because I'm just missing some steps because I have no idea what I'm really doing. The only app I got to successfully install and not crash when I open it was AppCake but I don't even really know if that is something I need or how to even use it.
Anyways, I could really use some help on what to do here. My main goal is to get the old version of Snapchat back (the one right before the most recent update is fine, just don't want the new "Discover" feature and all the other confusing and unnecessary fixes) and whatever gets me to that goal would be very helpful. Again, I am really new to jailbreaking so I'm probably at more of a loss than most people would be. So just tell me what to do/what to get/how to install which apps that will allow me to do that and I would be very appreciative.
Thanks!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you do not have an iTunes backup of that older version or the older version is not listed in the purchased section of the App Store, then you will be unable to install that particular version.

chewie88

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Would anyone by chance have the version of snapchat 8.1.1 in ipa form and put it up as a download! That would help a ton. Im having the same issue. New update sucks :( Thanks

BeccaaKatee

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I have downloaded Snapchat previously and it is in my iTunes on my pc but it still doesn't let me download it to my iPod touch 4th gen because it isn't compatible for the iOS? Anyone know how to download it, please!? Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded Snapchat previously and it is in my iTunes on my pc but it still doesn't let me download it to my iPod touch 4th gen because it isn't compatible for the iOS? Anyone know how to download it, please!? Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

It's not compatible. That means even if you could download it, it would not work with your iPod. You will need the version that is compatible with your iPod. You might check with Snapchat support for help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal