i have an iPad 4 and would like to use my wireless Canon MP560 printer with it? Is this possible? I or what do I need to download?
    01-23-2015 07:17 PM
    It should be possible. You just need to make sure printer & iPad are on the same network.
    01-23-2015 07:24 PM
    It's not AirPrint compatible.
    There's a few options per Canon site: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor...es/pixma_mp560

Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.

Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.

-----------------
    1. So based on that info, there may be a Canon iPhone app that will allow you to print directly from your iPhone to the printer. But Apple's native AirPrint is not available in apps like Safari, Photos, etc.
    2. Another option is getting an optional Bluetooth module for the printer. Then you may be able to print but honestly I don't know if that would work with an iPhone or not.
    3. Another option, if you have a computer that can print to the printer and that computer is always on, is to get Printopia (I used to use it on my Mac to print to a non AirPrint capable printer and I think there is a windows version). Basically Printopia take the PCs installed printer and relays an AirPrint signal out on the network that your phone can find. It's a paid program but I think they have a demo version to see if it works for you.
    5. Buy a new printer that is AirPrint compatible (almost all are now). I just had to replace my old canon MP620 due to other issues and I got an HP Envy 4500-just arrived today in fact. It's working fine and was easy to set up. I don't print a lot though so I just bought Amazon's top rated ink jet and it was only $66.
    01-23-2015 08:01 PM
    Here's an app that may work but it doesn't have very good reviews.
    Canon Easy-PhotoPrint by Canon Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/_CSVt.i
    01-23-2015 08:05 PM