I have replace my iPhone 5 battery 4 times, should I give up on it?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 5 battery replaced 4 times

I've had a local phone repair shop replace the battery in my iPhone 5 four times. It is an hour and a half drive from my hometown. Each time the phone seemed to function perfectly until it sat unused for a few minutes. The first couple of repairs were "must have a bad batch of batteries". Four batteries later, the phone is dead. Should I give up?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5 battery replaced 4 times

How about taking it to a nearby Apple Store to have them diagnose the problem for you. I would have done it long before going back to a third party 4 times.

ndetello

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

I went to the iPhone store and they quickly said it was a bad sensor and they couldn't fix it. I took it to the phone repair shop and told them that and they check it out and couldn't find any bad sensors. The phone worked perfectly for at least a couple of hours until it stopped being used for at least an hour or overnight. Then when it was picked up to use again it wouldn't come on.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I went to the iPhone store and they quickly said it was a bad sensor and they couldn't fix it. I took it to the phone repair shop and told them that and they check it out and couldn't find any bad sensors. The phone worked perfectly for at least a couple of hours until it stopped being used for at least an hour or overnight. Then when it was picked up to use again it wouldn't come on.

I assume the "iPhone Store" is the same as the "Apple Store". Anyway, if Apple geniuses couldn't fix it and the other repair people couldn't fix it properly, then you might want to consider the possibility of getting the phone replaced. Websites like iFixit contain a good deal of DIY (Do It Yourself) tutorials as well as sell replacement parts for the iPhone. That may also be an avenue for you to consider.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro