Why do my iPhone 4S diary entries keep disappearing?

I

iMore Question

Iphone 4S Diary NIGHTMARE - disappearing acts!

Hi there - am sure there is someone (at least someone) out there that can help me. I have an iphone 4S, it's pretty ancient, but software is up to date and it's generally pretty reliable, EXCEPT for the diary! It keeps disappearing! Today, not only have ALL the events disappeared (past and present) but also all the calendars except the Birthdays tab. I am self employed and use my diary all the time. It's driving me literally crazy. Can anyone shed any light on how to get my events back please? I see them on the laptop and on the ipad, but not on my phone (the device I depend on the most!). Thanks in advance.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Iphone 4S Diary NIGHTMARE - disappearing acts!

open your calendar aka diary and make sure all your "calendars" are checked to show- bottom middle click on calendars- are all of the calendars/birthdays checked?

fantabbydozo

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for answering my plea. Yesterday I could only see Birthdays under "other". I have gone into each mail account now and switched on calendars, so now showing Hotmail and GMail, but not the icloud one, even though it's switched on. Am sure it's something sooo simple - I just don't know what it is...

CONTACTED APPLE SUPPORT AND IS NOW FIXED. HAD TO DELETE ICLOUD ACCOUNT, SWITCH CALENDAR APPS ON AND OFF A NUMBER OF TIMES AND FINALLY RESTORED.

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for answering my plea. Yesterday I could only see Birthdays under "other". I have gone into each mail account now and switched on calendars, so now showing Hotmail and GMail, but not the icloud one, even though it's switched on. Am sure it's something sooo simple - I just don't know what it is...

Maybe try turning it off then back on- thanks for registering- most time we answer questions and never hear from the person again. Welcome to iMore!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2