Does anyone else find the volume on the iPad 3 to be low?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have recently acquired a used ipad 3,great piece of kit, But, it is very quiet,I have tried to adjust this in settings but still quiet, using + & - buttons the same. Is there some sort of work-round to this ? I ask because my daughter's ipad 4 is as loud as anyone could need (louder sometimes!)
results from the control centre are equally negative. Is there any way to make this louder ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a case or anything else covering the speaker? If you go to Settings - General - Restrictions - Volume Limit, is there a checkmark next to "Don't Allow Changes"? If so, tap on "Allow Changes".

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps you may take it to a genius bar to have the speaker replaced, if not then the next best thing is to use headphones or airplay it a bluetooth device.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
thanks both,
roughly what I thought however I have noticed since I've been playing about with it, that some stuff is much louder than others, this must be to do with battery / recording levels.....maybe?

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
The iPad 3 I use to have was also like that, so maybe it was just naturally quite (just assuming). The speaker could be replaced, but I could not he bother with it; too much wasted effort.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen