Why are Iphones 5c,5s,6 and 6 plus getting bigger and thinner?

I

iMore Question

As you can see that the iphone 4 is small, not that small but thicker too. The iphones 5 to 6 has been increasing their size and their getting a lot thinner. Some people complain that iphone 6 bends easily. For example you're at work and your talking on your iphone 6 you put it in your pocket, you sit down or you accidently bumped on to something or anything. Your phone breaks or it will either bend and no one likes a bended iphone. Why not create an iphone thats the same size but less thinner, see if these devices get thinner and thinner, it would probably look like a piece of paper, and nobody would like to buy anything like that.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The trend overall is for thin phones with larger screens.
I've got and iPhone 6 and I've actually rolled over in my sleep, right over it. Not bent at all.
While some devices have bent, I don't think that the majority has.
Put your phone in a case if you've got concerns about bending. I don't want to trade larger screens and thinner devices because some people can't take care of their tech.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I think the 5c wasn't really part of that trend. The 5c actually felt very amazing and had a good heft to it. That phone seriously took one heck of a tumble and didn't even show it. Now I can't say that I'd feel that confident dropping a 5, 5s, 6 or 6+...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The trend overall is for thin phones with larger screens.
I've got and iPhone 6 and I've actually rolled over in my sleep, right over it. Not bent at all.
While some devices have bent, I don't think that the majority has.
Put your phone in a case if you've got concerns about bending. I don't want to trade larger screens and thinner devices because some people can't take care of their tech.

'Nuf said...;)

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that people will agree to put phones into cases if they are so much concern about thiner phones. Even apple provide cases that make the phone lot bigger and of course stronger to bent after all. And I see everyone using cases on the 6series iPhone, so where is the thin iPhone trend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apple Case

It doesn't really add any bulk and drastically improves the grip factor

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Apple Case

It doesn't really add any bulk and drastically improves the grip factor

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

IDevices getting thinner and thinner is not because they were bulky, but Apple is just sick about removing every possible mm they can from the next iPhone.
Next thing they do is create a case that add back those mm to the iPhone.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
IMHO I have the choice to buy or not to buy a device. If I buy I'll take reasonable precautions to protect it. Yes the iPhone 6 and 6 plus are thinner than their predecessors, but sales figures indicate that more people want these phones... not less.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
IMHO I have the choice to buy or not to buy a device. If I buy I'll take reasonable precautions to protect it. Yes the iPhone 6 and 6 plus are thinner than their predecessors, but sales figures indicate that more people want these phones... not less.

S?re, but iPhone 6 with the thickness of iPhone 4s or 5s wouldn't make any change in the sales figures, if not it will even increase it as there could be more room for a much more battery life which seems to be a deal breaker to every nowadays smartphone users.
The amount of people using battery bank daily, or always living near a power source, or buying a battery case increase and only increase. Smart phones are getting smarter and so require more power. Anyway, If apple make 2 different sizes of the same iPhone 6, one which is thinner with less battery life and one thicker like iPhone 5s thickness with more battery life, more than 51% will surely go for more battery life over thinness. At least I don't mind about the thickness of the device as long as it's an iDevices made by apple. And I'm sure many feels the same way.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that people will agree to put phones into cases if they are so much concern about thiner phones. Even apple provide cases that make the phone lot bigger and of course stronger to bent after all. And I see everyone using cases on the 6series iPhone, so where is the thin iPhone trend?

I put cases in my phones to protect it from everything, from scratches to the finish to screen shattering. Nothing to do with how thin the device is. I had a case in the iPhone 3GS all the way to my current device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like the thickness of the 5/5s. I think the 6/6 Plus are too thin. I don't see that thinness has any benefit. But it won't matter when I get my 6s Plus. I'll have a big bulky case on it. So I'll have something to grip on to.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

princessiphone

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
They're getting so thin I have to change the way I hold my iPhone. I now hold it with two hands so it won't slip out of my hands! It's getting quite annoying because I would like to use my device without a case, but I have to because it will slip and slide all over the place if not.

Why can't they add some bulk and put in a bigger battery, more ram? When will they stop saying 33% more thin than blah blah? When it's literally as thin as paper?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
S?re, but iPhone 6 with the thickness of iPhone 4s or 5s wouldn't make any change in the sales figures, if not it will even increase it as there could be more room for a much more battery life which seems to be a deal breaker to every nowadays smartphone users.
The amount of people using battery bank daily, or always living near a power source, or buying a battery case increase and only increase. Smart phones are getting smarter and so require more power. Anyway, If apple make 2 different sizes of the same iPhone 6, one which is thinner with less battery life and one thicker like iPhone 5s thickness with more battery life, more than 51% will surely go for more battery life over thinness. At least I don't mind about the thickness of the device as long as it's an iDevices made by apple. And I'm sure many feels the same way.

Frankly I find no problem with my battery life. I use my device as I need/want and plug in right when I get in my car, unplug when I get to the train, use my device all day, and either plug in while I sleep or when I get back in my car.

Since I use a case as I did with my iPhone 5s and every iPhone before that, I don't mind that it's getting thinner at all. If anything I prefer it. Since I can put my iPhone 6 with an Otterbox Symmetry in my jeans pocket, it's perfect.
View attachment 75791

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal