Could my daughter's iPad 4 have a defective battery?

I

iMore Question

My daughter purchased a new 10 inch ipad 4 with retina display mid Oct 2014 from Argos. It takes forever to charge and runs out very quickly. An example I was visiting her at Uni we put the ipad on to charge.. it was on 7% = this was at 7pm the following day at 12pm it had only charged to 18%. She uses it to take notes in her lectures (she has the apple wireless keyboard too) runs out of juice quickly. )around 48hours to fully charge and around 5 to be empty again).. It also keeps doing this weird thing where it seems to start to crash but then freezes ... she then has to turn it off leave it for half hour then turn it back on (loosing half hours worth of use as battery still goes down even when turned off)...
Any suggestions that she may listen too? I suggested taking to the apple store to get it checked as I think it's faulty but she wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my personal opinion, her iPad's battery is probably defective or there's something wrong with the charging process, especially if she is using an Apple-certified charger. I'd take it to the nearest Apple Store for diagnostic purposes.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Her warranty is still good, so take it to the Genius Bar at Apple or to Argos if possible.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods