How do I separate iTunes and Windows Media Player?

nicole2789

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I'll start off by saying that I'm using an Asus desktop running Windows 7 Home Premium and I have iTunes 12.0.1. I don't know if that matters or not but I thought I'd throw it out there. Anyway, my problem is that I want to be able to name songs differently in Windows Media Player and iTunes but I can't seem to make it happen. I use WMP as my main media player and it has all of my songs on it. I only use iTunes for the songs that I actually want to have on my iPhone. My music in WMP just has the title of the song and it's organized the way I want it. With iTunes, I would like to be able to include the artist with the title of some songs (e.g. for the song "The Memory Remains" would be titled just like that in WMP but on iTunes, I would want it titled "Metallica - The Memory Remains"). But every time I try to rename songs in iTunes, it changes in WMP and vice versa. It drives me absolutely crazy! So if anyone has a solution and could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

nicole2789

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure. All I know is that all of my songs are in WMP and the titles are edited like I want them. Then I'll add some to iTunes that I want on my phone. When I edit the titles in iTunes, they change the title in WMP too. Then when I try to edit the song back to the way it was in WMP, it changes in iTunes. I'm not sure what's going on or if it can even be fixed but I was just wondering and HOPING that it can be and somebody can help me out.

nicole2789

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Ok, before I try what you suggested, the songs in WMP are located in the 'Music' folder on my computer and iTunes has it's own folder within the 'Music' folder. So, I'm thinking that if I make two copies of the songs, since iTunes has a folder in the 'Music' folder, it will also make two copies of the songs in WMP. Sorry, but I don't know a whole lot about the 'technical' things with computers so maybe I'm wrong. Should I change the location for iTunes or just go ahead and try what you suggested?

nicole2789

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I tried to change the iTunes location but every time I exited iTunes and opened it back up the location went back to the default location (in the 'Music' folder). So I just left it there and tried what you said the first time and it does make two copies in WMP. So the iTunes location will have to be changed but it won't stay. Do you know why it's switching back to the default location? Also, what location would you suggest I try changing it to?

nicole2789

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Every time I try to change the iTunes location, it goes back to it's default location when I open iTunes back up so I don't know what to do about that. So I guess I will just have to leave everything like it was and deal with not being able to name songs differently in iTunes and WMP. But thank you so much for taking time to try to help me out. I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2