1. aspermont's Avatar
    On my Mac Mini, under "About This Mac/Storage" it shows about 75% "Other" and all my audio, photos, backups, and apps squeezed into the remaining 25%, with very little unused space. What goes under "Other" and is there a way to recover some of this as usable disk space? (I back up onto TimeCapsule.)
    01-07-2015 09:46 AM
  2. warcraftWidow's Avatar
    Some of the Other may be flexible space. OS X will make it available if needed. Look in Finder to see how much free space you have. If it's flexible space then Finder and About this Mac will show different amounts.
    01-07-2015 09:51 AM
  3. kch50428's Avatar
    Other can be lots of things... app data, documents that aren't in 'Documents'... and multimedia files that have metadata that don't identify what they are to the operating system. On iOS devices, a backup/restore can reduce the size of "Other"... not sure on a Mac... you might enquire of an AppleStore GeniusBar, or AppleSupport on-lne.
    01-07-2015 09:53 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Why is Siri unable to unlock my screen rotation?
    By haloburn in forum iPhone 6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2016, 03:26 PM
  2. Will a 5S SIM Card support ApplePay in a iPhone 6??
    By kilofoxtrot in forum iPhone 6
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 04:13 PM
  3. Why is Siri unable to unlock my screen rotation?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 08:35 AM
  4. My iPhone 5 screen freezing, is it screen or software?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 08:07 AM
  5. What should I do if I forget my Apple id ?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD