How do I edit my info on my iPhone 5?

I

iMore Question

How do I edit "my info" in iphone 5

Since updating the ios t0 8.1.2 I have been having problems with my phone. When I try to text one of my contacts, I can't send it. When that contact sends a text to my phone number, my wife receives it on her number!! And she can text that name and number and it goes to that name and number!
Comparing phone settings, I noticed her "my info" was blank and went to her contacts when selected. My "my info" shows the contact name to whom I have not been able to text!! When I select "my info", it goes to his name in my contact list!!
I'm assuming that because his name is in "my info", I can't send to "myself/me" is causing this problem???
If so, how do I delete that contact name from "my info". I already deleted his name in the contact list but it still shows but in lighter text than normal. Likewise, the name shows up lighter in "my info" but when I select it, goes directly to contact list.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I edit "my info" in iphone 5

While I don't fully understand what's going on, I do have one suggestion to make.
Did you go to Settings>General>Siri> My Info? Is that what you're referring to when you talk about my info? If not, do that, and make sure the phone knows who you are. You can select it and it'll let you pick your correct number in contacts. Once that is done, when you go to the contacts app it should read "me" behind your contact in a light grey.

Apart from that, check out Settings>Phone, just to double check your phone number is displayed accurately, and Settings>Messages>Send&Receive, where it needs to list the identical phone number, usually in grey again and with a little tick in front.

If all those settings are carried out, same for your wife, I don't see why there would be any hiccups.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW