My daughters were talking about what outfit they were going to wear out that night when siri joined in the conversation making filthy comments - it was weird and creepy, a bit disturbing to be honest. Has anything like that happened to anyone else? Can someone hoax siri if they know how?
    01-03-2015 05:28 AM
    My daughters were talking about what outfit they were going to wear out that night when siri joined in the conversation making filthy comments - it was weird and creepy, a bit disturbing to be honest. Has anything like that happened to anyone else? Can someone hoax siri if they know how?
    I've never had anything like that happen, no. Siri has always been a proper lady no matter what I try to instigate.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-03-2015 06:03 AM
    Siri "joined the conversation on her own"? No one prompted or activated Siri?

Never heard of that.
    Premium1 likes this.
    01-03-2015 07:23 AM
    Siri "joined the conversation on her own"? No one prompted or activated Siri?

Never heard of that.
    I've had siri activate while charging if someone on TV said 'okay seriously' but her answer has always, always been 'sorry I didn't quite catch that ' so yeah,I call shenanigans on siri being rude and creepy.

Daily drivers: iPhone 6+/iPad Air for personal, Lollipop'd Nexus 5 as backup, LG Optimus G for work
    01-03-2015 07:36 AM
    I'm calling shenanigans on this one.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    01-03-2015 07:46 AM
    No, never happened to me. I don't believe this happened either. Maybe you should take it to the Genius Bar and show them how weird and creepy the phone is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-03-2015 09:26 AM
    I don't believe this happened... The only way Siri would ever pop on on its own would be if the device were connected to power, and the "hey Siri" option were enabled and the device heard something close enough to "hey Siri" to turn on... And Siri isn't programmed to be vulgar at all...a bit cheeky at times...but never overtly vulgar.
    01-03-2015 09:42 AM
    I don't believe this happened... The only way Siri would ever pop on on its own would be if the device were connected to power, and the "hey Siri" option were enabled and the device heard something close enough to "hey Siri" to turn on... And Siri isn't programmed to be vulgar at all...a bit cheeky at times...but never overtly vulgar.
    Exactly. Like you, I do not believe the OP's story.
    01-03-2015 10:22 AM
    Yeah I doubt Apple programmed an iPhone to be making crude comments at young girls. That being said are you sure it was Siri and not an app they downloaded like talking cat or any of those? Cause some of those apps can be hacked and have been hacked before by weirdos
    01-03-2015 10:25 AM
    Like others, I doubt Siri just out of the blue joined the conversation and made crude comments, especially since most of the time all siri does is give the "i didn't catch that" because the voice recognition isn't the best.
    01-03-2015 01:50 PM
    Me & American Siri don't get along very well but I don't think any comments like that would be made.
    01-03-2015 02:19 PM
    The way you described it, the device might be possessed. I wonder how the demon got through Apple's security protocol...
    01-03-2015 02:42 PM
    The OP never said exactly what Siri said. They may have interpreted what she said in a wrong way.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    01-03-2015 02:49 PM
    Sounds like the tale of Bloody Mary...
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-03-2015 02:57 PM
    The OP never said exactly what Siri said. They may have interpreted what she said in a wrong way.

I don't know anything Siri can possibly say that would be interpreted as filthy or disturbing. But I digress as OP is no where to be found *surprise surprise * so guess it doesn't even matter at this point.

Sent from my Golden Apple Six
    kch50428 and Premium1 like this.
    01-03-2015 02:57 PM
    I don't know anything Siri can possibly say that would be interpreted as filthy or disturbing. But I digress as OP is no where to be found *surprise surprise * so guess it doesn't even matter at this point.

Sent from my Golden Apple Six
    Lol. 4 of these threads in the first 3 days of the year. It's gonna be a long year...
    Beyond Fire likes this.
    01-03-2015 03:00 PM
    This has never happened to me or anyone else I know.
    01-03-2015 05:09 PM
    Do people do this just for kicks? GEEEZ!

01-03-2015 05:56 PM
    Do people do this just for kicks? GEEEZ!

I think someone is paying them.
    LockOnTech likes this.
    01-03-2015 06:54 PM
    I think someone is paying them.
    There are plenty of people out there that behave this way for kicks alone who'd pay to do it rather than being paid... And they're nuts.
    01-03-2015 07:07 PM
    I love this thread. There was a thread on CrackBerry a while ago when people's BlackBerry's randomly did se creepy stuff. Let me find it. It was awesome.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-03-2015 08:09 PM
    I love this thread. There was a thread on CrackBerry a while ago when people's BlackBerry's randomly did se creepy stuff. Let me find it. It was awesome.
    I remember one from 2 or 3 years ago where someone's phone was playing random creepy audio.
    pantlesspenguin and Chrisy like this.
    01-03-2015 08:13 PM
    01-03-2015 08:16 PM
    I remember one from 2 or 3 years ago where someone's phone was playing random creepy audio.
    I slightly remembered that, didn't someone on there mentioned about how there blackberry was recording audio when there was no mention of physical access to use the audio recording feature?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    01-04-2015 12:19 AM
    I slightly remembered that, didn't someone on there mentioned about how there blackberry was recording audio when there was no mention of physical access to use the audio recording feature?

A slightly different topic from this.

01-04-2015 12:21 AM
33 12