Can you help me decide between the 5K and Mac Pro?

I

iMore Question

I am needing a desktop, I've used Mac pretty much since I've owned computers. I would like to hook up 3 monitors whether that's the 5k and two more or three hooked to the mac pro. I'm having a really hard time deciding because the 5k screen is gorgeous but the mac pro seems like it might last longer in the long run. (I don't need to worry about specs both will be more than enough computing power for me.) If I needed to I would be able to reuse all three monitors from a Mac Pro setup or hook up a different computer. While the 5K I would not be able to reuse as a monitor because of the lack of Target Display Mode.
Another thing holding me back is deciding whether three identical monitors would be better than the 5k with two different ones. I could get a much more fluid setup with thin bezels than with the 5k and other monitors. Also with 2560x1440 monitors or 1080p monitors next to the 5k might be an odd transition resolution wise, while the mac pro would use all three of the same type but would lack the 5k higher resolution and 4k monitors are very expensive currently, even three 2560x1440 would run the price up a lot on top of the Mac Pros price as is.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Need help deciding between the 5K and Mac Pro

I don't know... the most I can do is wish you well in your anonymous quest to crowd source affirmation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR