All went well until today, January first 2014. I updated because of the ever frequent Safari crashes. The download was successful with the Apple Support guy walking me through the long process. Safari has been more stable. However, today I ran unto a serious problem downloading photos from my camera to my iPad. The message "insufficient space" appeared. I deleted some photos and videos to make room for the new ones and the same message continued to appear. A search of the settings indicated that no room was being made as a result of the deletions. So I deleted all of the videos and pictures and still no success. Looking through the settings indicated no space was available as a result of the deletion. No pictures or videos were visible in the iPhoto app. However, in settings, it indicated that 1,615 photos, and 112 videos were in iPhoto..but they are not! What is going on???
    01-02-2015 12:49 AM
    All went well until today, January first 2014. I updated because of the ever frequent Safari crashes. The download was successful with the Apple Support guy walking me through the long process. Safari has been more stable. However, today I ran unto a serious problem downloading photos from my camera to my iPad. The message "insufficient space" appeared. I deleted some photos and videos to make room for the new ones and the same message continued to appear. A search of the settings indicated that no room was being made as a result of the deletions. So I deleted all of the videos and pictures and still no success. Looking through the settings indicated no space was available as a result of the deletion. No pictures or videos were visible in the iPhoto app. However, in settings, it indicated that 1,615 photos, and 112 videos were in iPhoto…..but they are not! What is going on???
    Try syncing it with iTunes. That will sometimes free up some more space as it will recognize that things have been deleted. If this doesn't work, you may need to save all the photos you want to your computer or to iCloud/iCloud Photo Library and do a factory reset by going to Setting>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings. From there, either restore it from a previous iTunes or iCloud backup, or set it up as a new iPad. This will most likely fix your problem
    01-02-2015 03:12 AM
    iOS 8 has a Deleted Items album in the Photos app that keeps deleted photos for 30 days. Go into that album, tap Edit and then delete all. That should free up space.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    01-02-2015 03:29 AM
    I'd never noticed that!!!! Thank you!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    01-02-2015 05:06 AM