How can I find an audiobook that I purchased via iTunes?

I

iMore Question

I purchased an audiobook on Itunes, then found I had to download the Ibooks app, how can I find it on either app? I see some screens that I should see upon clicking on ibooks but my screens are just to browse and purchase a book,

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Initiate the device's iTunes app, and then select the "Purchased" section to view your purchases.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
In iBooks app, after signing in with your AppleID and password, tap 'purchased'...

Edit to add... sorry - read the headline as iBooks not audio books...

In iTunes, the Audio Books section should behave just like Music, TV Shows, Movies... on the iTunes Store app, in the bottom right... tap "More"... you should see a Purchased link somewhere you can tap... then you can select from your purchases and Family member purchases if you've set up a FamilyShare... and if you've set up FamilyShare in less than the past 24 hours, give it an overnight to process and make family member purchases visible to the rest of the family group.

Last edited:

satori202

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: find an audiobook purchased

Its not there and when I go search and click on purchase it tells me it has been purchased. ugh

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do a spotlight search for the audiobook, and when it appears in the results screen, tap on it.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Audiobooks are typically found in the MUSIC app.

If the icon for Audiobooks does not appear at the bottom of the Music app screen, touch the "More" item.

satori202

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I am sorry, new to downloading books, but I don't have any options for what you are describing, is there any way to cancel my purchase and redo it? Or is there a number to call so I can describe this better

oily_bird

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if you've had an answer to this by now but I was having the same problem since the latest update and this is what I did:

1. open 'ibooks'
2. at the top, in the middle, my screen said 'PDFs' but it might say 'Books' on yours or something else.
3. There's a drop down arrow on this and I pressed it and changed it to 'audiobooks'

then my audiobooks appeared.

Hope this helps.

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I just re added some audiobooks to my phone ready for my holiday AAAGGGHHH Where are they?? Not where they used to be! Thank you - I searched in ibooks and there they are.... at 45 yrs I am clearly finding the updated iTunes a challenge!!! (Oh dear):

davs1952

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
In the prior version you could find your books in your music section. With the latest upgrade you need to go into the I tunes store and click on store...Then click on my books and you will find your library. My books were gone for three months until today.

Caesura

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. There are no audiobooks in the purchased section, but when I go to buy the book again, it says it has been purchased by "my family" I checked the other people on my family sharing, but they don't have the downloads either.